So that we can have yummy stuff all week… double batch of semi-home made spaghetti sauce, nuked sweet potatoes for later, pot of home made from scratch jambalaya with 90% fresh ingredients from the farmers market, steamed corn on the cob for later in the week, got together stuff for a crockpot pot roast for later in the week – just need to brown the meat and cut potatoes and dump it in the crockpot when I’m ready.
www.lecordonbleu-chicago.com/ Le Cordon Bleu® Culinary Arts Chicago Classes Start Jan 6th!
www.thegreatcourses.com/ Free Shipping on Every Order. Learn The Art Of Cooking On DVD
www.top-culinary-arts-schools.com/ Training for Culinary Arts and Baking Arts. Start 1/6-Apply Now!
chicago.chefs.com/ #1 Culinary Educator in the U.S. Enroll Now & Start Class Jan 6th
www.allculinaryschools.com/Education Start Your Cooking Education Now! Find Culinary Schools Near You
kmom2468 has written 29 entries about this goal
Ok, didn’t actually make the pie in the crock pot, but did make apple pie filling in it. Lots of apple stuff in the freezer. Yummy!
A good friend is teaching me to make so much more than “just pot roast” in the crock pot. Lasagna? Pork Ribs? Who knew!
Not talking about some pale iceberg lettuce drizzled in dressing – I’ve been making some awesome and healthy salads that often include spinach, carrots, blanched broccoli, pecans, dried cranberries, and much more. It doesn’t use a stove or oven, but I chop, dice, and slice! AND, it’s helping me lose weight, too!
Ok, I can consistently make a decent pot roast in the crock pot now. Yay!
My girl friend’s mom made me an apron! Her mom is like my “other mom” – I always stay with her if I’m in town – so the fact that she made it for me is extra special. When I’m wearing it and cooking, I feel like I’m with family.
One of my best friends stayed with me for a week. She’s an awesome cook, and she even made it fun. She advised me on what things I should have in the kitchen and she and her mom bought me a crock pot and a blender as a housewarming gift. So, we cooked like crazy when she was here:
- Pulled Pork in the crock pot – so easy & so yummy!
- Pot Roast in a crock pot – all these years I’ve cut up the meat, but she showed me that you really don’t have too
- Lasagna, from scratch, with sauce made from scratch!
- Banana Bread
- Peach cobbler
- Penne Pasta with Chicken Alfredo – 100% from scratch!
- Penne Chicken Noodle bake – tomato and sweet red & yellow bell pepper based
- Nachos – with taco meat and all the fixin’s
I think I may actually enjoy some of it, if I’m not rushed. I’ll be starting my new job soon, though, so I won’t have time during the week any more. Still, it was kinda fun – and my DH and son both say that the food was edible!
so I can move; so won’t be doing this for a while. That’s a good thing!
Too much rice, but definitely edible. I’ve made this a few times, and they’ve all been edible, and even reasonably good – but still haven’t found the sweet spot yet.
DH even asked for seconds. Just cut up some chicken breasts, breaded with Italian seasoned bread crumbs, and deep fried in my frier. Need to cut in small chunks so they cook all the way through before they brown too much.
kmom2468 has gotten 17 cheers on this goal.
- HippieChick2 cheered this 1 week ago
- alter_eggo cheered this 2 weeks ago
- Ponyo cheered this 5 months ago
- firefly1818 cheered this 6 months ago
- ChelseysChapter cheered this 14 months ago
- Vera_Icon cheered this 4 years ago
- floggin cheered this 4 years ago
- Agilosi cheered this 4 years ago
- B cheered this 4 years ago
- elzi cheered this 4 years ago
- iamevoxus cheered this 4 years ago
- butterflydarling cheered this 4 years ago
- SkipToTheEnd cheered this 4 years ago
- Solena D. cheered this 4 years ago
- CL27 cheered this 4 years ago
- carpe_diem_for_me cheered this 5 years ago
- soots1 cheered this 5 years ago