Too many other, more important things to do. It isn’t like we are starving or anything with the stuff we are eating. :)
www.lecordonbleu-chicago.com/ #1 Culinary School in the Country* Download a Free Career Guide Now!
chicago.chefs.com/ #1 Culinary Educator in the U.S. Class Starts on 4/17. Enroll Today
www.lecordonbleu-onlineusa.com/ Classes Start Soon. Enroll Now! #1 Culinary School in the Country.
www.thegreatcourses.com/ 70% Off For A Limited Time! Learn The Art Of Cooking On DVD
www.myownchefrecipes.com/ The New Cooking Sensation Sweeping The World. Find Out Why!
kmom2468 has written 30 entries about this goal
So that we can have yummy stuff all week… double batch of semi-home made spaghetti sauce, nuked sweet potatoes for later, pot of home made from scratch jambalaya with 90% fresh ingredients from the farmers market, steamed corn on the cob for later in the week, got together stuff for a crockpot pot roast for later in the week – just need to brown the meat and cut potatoes and dump it in the crockpot when I’m ready.
Ok, didn’t actually make the pie in the crock pot, but did make apple pie filling in it. Lots of apple stuff in the freezer. Yummy!
A good friend is teaching me to make so much more than “just pot roast” in the crock pot. Lasagna? Pork Ribs? Who knew!
Not talking about some pale iceberg lettuce drizzled in dressing – I’ve been making some awesome and healthy salads that often include spinach, carrots, blanched broccoli, pecans, dried cranberries, and much more. It doesn’t use a stove or oven, but I chop, dice, and slice! AND, it’s helping me lose weight, too!
Ok, I can consistently make a decent pot roast in the crock pot now. Yay!
My girl friend’s mom made me an apron! Her mom is like my “other mom” – I always stay with her if I’m in town – so the fact that she made it for me is extra special. When I’m wearing it and cooking, I feel like I’m with family.
One of my best friends stayed with me for a week. She’s an awesome cook, and she even made it fun. She advised me on what things I should have in the kitchen and she and her mom bought me a crock pot and a blender as a housewarming gift. So, we cooked like crazy when she was here:
- Pulled Pork in the crock pot – so easy & so yummy!
- Pot Roast in a crock pot – all these years I’ve cut up the meat, but she showed me that you really don’t have too
- Lasagna, from scratch, with sauce made from scratch!
- Banana Bread
- Peach cobbler
- Penne Pasta with Chicken Alfredo – 100% from scratch!
- Penne Chicken Noodle bake – tomato and sweet red & yellow bell pepper based
- Nachos – with taco meat and all the fixin’s
I think I may actually enjoy some of it, if I’m not rushed. I’ll be starting my new job soon, though, so I won’t have time during the week any more. Still, it was kinda fun – and my DH and son both say that the food was edible!
so I can move; so won’t be doing this for a while. That’s a good thing!
Too much rice, but definitely edible. I’ve made this a few times, and they’ve all been edible, and even reasonably good – but still haven’t found the sweet spot yet.
kmom2468 has gotten 17 cheers on this goal.
- HippieChick2 cheered this 3 months ago
- el m cheered this 3 months ago
- Ponyo cheered this 8 months ago
- firefly1818 cheered this 9 months ago
- ChelseysChapter cheered this 17 months ago
- Vera_Icon cheered this 4 years ago
- floggin cheered this 4 years ago
- Agilosi cheered this 4 years ago
- B cheered this 4 years ago
- elzi cheered this 4 years ago
- iamevoxus cheered this 4 years ago
- butterflydarling cheered this 4 years ago
- SkipToTheEnd cheered this 4 years ago
- Solena D. cheered this 5 years ago
- CL27 cheered this 5 years ago
- carpe_diem_for_me cheered this 5 years ago
- soots1 cheered this 5 years ago