My wife and I had our immediate families over for Thanksgiving lunch today. It was the first time that we had invited everyone over for a family gathering since moving into our new house. We enjoyed a good time with family and good eats!
www.mattelgames.com/GameBreak Save On Top Mattel Games When You Pledge To Take A Game Break!
www.nytimes.com/DigitalAccess Official Site: All Digital Access For 99c. Subscribe Today & Save!
dirgon has written 6 entries about this goal
I wanted to spend some time with my son playing some games and taking a hike this weekend, but unfortunately work calls. It looks like I am going to be busy with work all weekend now. :(
My wife, son, and I went out and had a nice dinner at Outback tonight. Everyone got steak, including my seven year old. He has grown to love things like steak (medium rare), shrimp, scallops, and other things that you would not think that a seven year old would like.
Anyway, the time we spent together was nice. We talked, laughed, and had an all around good time.
My wife has had to pick up some extra work as of late due to a technical glitch at the company for which she is doing some work. Luckily, she is getting paid again for everything that she already did previously, because it was someone else who messed up. This is a bad thing because she has been so busy, but it is a good thing after she told me how much it would be worth to us this morning. :)
Anyway, because she has been so busy, I asked her to take a break for dinner and I took her and my son out for dinner. We let Matthew choose where he wanted to go and this six year old chose Chinese. He loves Chinese food. Since my wife and I both do as well, it turned out to be a very good family meal.
We spent all day and evening together today riding out Hurricane Dennis. We did not get any really bad weather, but it has been very windy and nothing but constant rain for the past 10 hours.
Small things matter when it comes to family. My wife had some free time from her at-home job Saturday, so we spent some time watching television together. My wife had to work Sunday afternoon, so my son and I went to church together. It is pretty easy to get him there, though. His grandfather is the pastor. :)
dirgon has gotten 30 cheers on this goal.
- veronicaaaaaaaa cheered this 4 years ago
- bananapancakes cheered this 5 years ago
- WealthyHeart cheered this 6 years ago
- Ira cheered this 6 years ago
- Abbie Road cheered this 6 years ago
- energy cheered this 6 years ago
- Dharmagirl cheered this 6 years ago
- KC_Cooker cheered this 6 years ago
- Celeste cheered this 6 years ago
- keldar cheered this 6 years ago
- redbandita cheered this 7 years ago
- funchilde cheered this 7 years ago
- momofkevandkk cheered this 7 years ago
- Frannie Girl cheered this 7 years ago
- confused402 cheered this 7 years ago
- Stacey cheered this 7 years ago
- Pattie A. cheered this 7 years ago
- Jenny cheered this 7 years ago
- Krista cheered this 7 years ago
- mayC cheered this 7 years ago
- Des cheered this 7 years ago