I feel that I have achieved this goal. I took an assertiveness class around five years ago, and feel though I am much more assertive and comfortable being so. I have also become less shy over the years. I realize now that I cannot always be nice. And I realize that not everyone in this world will respect my needs if I don’t speak up for myself.
landslide has written 2 entries about this goal
It seems like people in my life are condescending to me moreso than they are to other people. I am quiet, secure with myself, and want to think the best of people and make their lives better. The concept of putting down someone else to raise your own ego baffles me, and since I’m not overly insecure with who I am I usually let it slide when people treat me condescendingly.
However, my goal is to now point out when people make consdescending remarks. Is this passive aggresive or rude? I hope not. I’m sick of just being nice and putting up with people’s bullshit. Is it fair? Please give me honest feedback if you read this!
(If you understand what I mean. I’m really tired and this entry probably isn’t very well composed!)
landslide has gotten 9 cheers on this goal.
- igotresults cheered this 2 years ago
- ShellB cheered this 2 years ago
- buffalosnowangel cheered this 2 years ago
- EllieFunt cheered this 2 years ago
- Jane_Do cheered this 4 years ago
- Angel cheered this 4 years ago
- SkipToTheEnd cheered this 4 years ago
- catheath cheered this 4 years ago
- DanT1999 cheered this 4 years ago