I want to be aware of my privileges and gifts throughout the day and throughout my life. I also want to notice where I can simply celebrate, and where I want my blessings to be more widely shared…
Silly Drowa has written 32 entries about this goal
Segments 2 & 3 of this show: http://www.wpr.org/book/090412a.cfm talked about how the orientation toward seeing what is working & what we appreciate in the world seems to yield happier & healthier people.
Something that feels good is good for me. That seems just right with the world…
the people in my life
the people who pass into & out of my life unnoticed
my healthy body
my healthy mind
your somewhat debilitated mind? (only joking)
the food on my table
the food on YOUR table
that’s a start
I heard somewhere that the Lakota believe that people who are grieving are more powerful, & have access to the spirit world, so people ask them to pray for them.
I love the image. It means that the community comes to you when you are low & you are able to GIVE to them—from a place where we often expect nothing of you. I love the image as I believe it would be likely to shift the experience of grief…
I wish I had solid references or some way to check what I’ve heard w/ some “facts”.
I am grateful then, for this idea, true or no. I am inspired, & recognizing that even from my bad mood, I can reach out to others and offer something of myself.
there is something really whole-circle good about noticing where I am gifted—in sitting w/ a friend in ‘crisis’ I find I move more into my heart & more into groundedness & soon I don’t know who is giving & who is receiving.
I am grateful to be in this position of not knowing!
gratitude for my work companion. somehow, even in her darkest hours, I am clear that she is part of what makes work doable for me. so sad to see her go.
I think I haven’t been really noticing all the many places where I am gifted.
I ENJOY the the places where people gift me in time & energy & love & I don’t always share with them how meaningful it is to me.
I would like to express more frequently.
renewing/reaffirming this intention.
recognizing others for their contributions is such sweet food for ME!
- ooh, gift economy feels so sweet!!!
greatful for vulnerability that lets me witness another person’s pain, and transformation of that pain…
having a car available to me on this soggy rainy day when I don’t really wanna go to work.
jokes, even in mourning
Silly Drowa has gotten 99 cheers on this goal.
- SatisfyMySoul cheered this 2 years ago
- inthesky cheered this 3 years ago
- sparklebaby cheered this 3 years ago
- yogamom cheered this 3 years ago
- Vanessa cheered this 3 years ago
- Melissa B. cheered this 3 years ago
- Endrina cheered this 3 years ago
- outoftheclouds cheered this 3 years ago
- Z cheered this 3 years ago
- Abbaskid78 cheered this 3 years ago
- racsgirl cheered this 3 years ago
- Frannie cheered this 3 years ago
- Peggy Hill cheered this 3 years ago
- dragonfly35 cheered this 3 years ago
- aynaray cheered this 3 years ago
- mwink cheered this 3 years ago
- ntg cheered this 3 years ago
- Todd Schoonover cheered this 3 years ago
- newsurfiegirl cheered this 3 years ago
- Waynesworld cheered this 3 years ago
- qb42 cheered this 3 years ago