before I check this off. (I assume one can continue posting to completed goals – actually, this is the only way to have columns right now on the Thing dashboard…)
- entry is a hidden div, amazing what you notice when your network is tied up (even w/ WonderShaper, BT definitely slows things down)
- this is a how to make 43things a social change tool: LazyWeb + 43things + Basecamp—people throw out ideas, resources are hashed out, and then people vote on ideas by volunteering time/resources. Then, when a threshold has been crossed, people implement the idea. This could be for software, politics, social causes, etc.
knock off some earlier RFEs. Patiently waiting to be able to see new comments on entries.
The current top three goals are:
- Try out 43 Things (77)
- try out 43 Things (44)
- test 43 things (18)
Better synonymization is probably a top issue address.
Disambiguation seems to be less of a problem, certainly not for goals. I only noticed some overloading in the ‘Meta’ category (conflating meta w/ metaphysics?).
Yes, it’s true that I’m colossally lazy, but that’s one approach to good UI.
- A bookmarklet to allow posting an entry for specific goals.
- Even better, RSS feed, taking advantage of Firefox’s “LiveFeed” feature to automatically update links to entry postings for goals (this will automatically update order, and things in your bookmark folder)
- ranged goals (short-mid-long)
- Day-to-day task management
- social tool
Currently not that suitable for latter two? What’s missing (add more thoughts later) – split to good/bad list?
- attaching notestream to a single topic (task) is a very good thing. see nodular hypertext thinking wrt TWINE
I agree very much w/ the comments on social networking as a feature (well, actually, I think as a platform/interchage, really) than an application. Anyway, just a high-falutin’ lead-in to saying sure I appareciate aligning with complete strangers to acoomplish goals, but I’d like to have a contacts system too.
I currently feel like I’m secluded, which is bad when you’re surrounded by all these other people.
- faces are good. how about going the next step and allowing a profile paragraph/some contact/shared goal faces on someone’s page (the right sidebar is looking pretty lonely on that people view page
I’ve always been bothered by the number to reorder interface, since it always leaves confusion when you have multiple items w/ the same order (try setting multiple things to #1 as well. what happens, who knows? non-deterministic behavior == not good UI)
- up/down arrows – cons: a pita to move stuff all the way up
- a separate order number list and empty boxes to let you do reordering – an option for non-DHTML behavior
- drag and drop – this seems to be the correct way to do what the numbering interface is supposed to (easy arbitrary movement of individual items w/ automatic reordering). can be coded to gracefully degrade for those w/o proper browser support.
Things I’d want:
- Show new things – Zeitgeist exceprts
- Show new responses, comments on entry – this would be great to be able to highlight new comments in all your list pages as well
Note: features may exist already, but I’d like to see this when I log in