Last night, May 7th, 2008, I was nominated for the board of directors. The board voted and unanimously approved. I am now firmly involved in a cause that I am passionate about: our local community theater.
luckyjim has written 6 entries about this goal
We have been volunteering time, ability, talents and money at the local community theater for about 5 years now. Over the past two or three years I have been invited to be on the board of directors. I have had no real urgent need to to be a part of the decision making process for the theater. But recently that has changed. Since we are so involved and have an interest in where the theater is going, perhaps it is time to become more actively involved in shaping the future of this organization. I will have a firm decision made by Saturday.
Additionally, my wife and I have also been asked to be on the board of directors for the local Shakespeare group. Personally, I think that this would be a great opportunity for my wife. We are still in talks about what our role would be and our commitment level outside of board meetings.
There is yet one other opportunity that has come up today. More will be posted as things develop.
We’re helping to plant a new church. We have a core group and we are going to have a “grand opening” on Easter Sunday, April 8. We are very excited about this plant, the people who are involved and how God has worked in so many lives to bring this together.
scheduled for Wednesday. This could be the cause worth helping.
I hope that soon I’ll be able to put this on my “Done” list. There’s a new church plant here in town and the first service is this Sunday. I’ve been in contact with the staff and we’re in talks now about our invovlement. We are seeking the Lord’s guidance, as usual, and are seeking His will.
I am a passionate person. I love people and there is no middle ground for my friends. I live passionately; I enjoy great food, great wines, great conversation. I like my coffee hot and in a cup. What I lack is a great cause to get behind. I don’t need one right now at this stage in life. My wife and kids are more important to me. But someday…
luckyjim has gotten 40 cheers on this goal.
- zeplin912 cheered this 5 years ago
- SallyKitt cheered this 5 years ago
- dove1dove cheered this 5 years ago
- holly_3 cheered this 5 years ago
- PeaceHopeLife cheered this 5 years ago
- Adar cheered this 5 years ago
- AnneBeattie cheered this 5 years ago
- Besina_Sartor cheered this 5 years ago
- xcSarah87 cheered this 6 years ago
- Anna Luna cheered this 6 years ago
- moonandabug cheered this 6 years ago
- camomma cheered this 6 years ago
- flowergirlresumed cheered this 6 years ago
- Compassionist cheered this 6 years ago
- now cheered this 6 years ago
- mw5373 cheered this 6 years ago
- azrulazmie cheered this 6 years ago
- JessicaS cheered this 6 years ago
- Alexandrine cheered this 6 years ago
- miss kiki cheered this 6 years ago
- Timid Magick cheered this 6 years ago