Yesterday my Steve and I went on a nice long hike off the Mountains to the sea trail, one of my favorite trails. I hiked longer than I have hiked in years, and felt fine! The trail was strewn with these catawba rhododendren blossoms. It was like a sexy celebration which was helpful on our KISS & MAKE-UP day.
lynnorajean has written 11 entries about this goal
for the tall pines
After an extended absence from hiking these blue ridge mountains due to illness, I am feeling ready to start a new series of hikes. Slowly at first. I miss it.
I am hoping for a hike this weekend. Photos to come. I am so excited!
I’m about over the flu, and so is Steve. He needs new hiking boots, but that can be arranged. I would love a little hike this weekend. Keeping my fingers crossed.
It has been a long slow recovery. I gotta respect that. I look forward to at least one winter hike in my blue ridge mountain back yard. If not… there is always spring, and that is pretty good too.
No hiking this weekend. Too many leaf lookers. Maybe in two weeks?
Went on a new path that neither of us have been on before. We went early, and decided at the last minute to turn off towards the fish hatchery. We came to a place high on the path where a grove on pines stood. Canopy high with a light fog almost setting on the ground. Red (our dog) found a nice place to roll in pine needles. We hiked for 2 hours in and decided to hike in another 10 minutes. We weren’t disappointed.
Just my faithful dog Red and me. We went to one of my all time favorite hikes in Pisgah Forest near the Cradle of Forestry called Pink Beds. It is a hour long hike in one of the most flora-diverse parts of the US. Rain or shine, always a delight, always something new. Morning is the best time to go… barely any other folks out… still cool enough for a jacket. Extremely satisfying.
Went on a hike today with my truelove, my son, and my dog Red. It was a bit difficult… mostly because we haven’t been hiking in a number of months… but it was great to be out in the forest. Still breath-takingly beautiful. I am so glad I live in this part of the world, and from time to time realize how lucky I am to be here, and not ALWAYS take it for granted.
lynnorajean has gotten 31 cheers on this goal.
- bareftinthesnow cheered this 4 years ago
- Amy J cheered this 4 years ago
- Gabriela cheered this 5 years ago
- CloudyBlue cheered this 6 years ago
- jeffmorg cheered this 6 years ago
- Shazamela cheered this 6 years ago
- MrPolko cheered this 6 years ago
- sanguinaria cheered this 6 years ago
- carpe_diem_for_me cheered this 6 years ago
- dextera3 cheered this 6 years ago
- INCONCEIVABLE! Find the six fingered man, and avenge my father. cheered this 6 years ago
- actually_alexis cheered this 6 years ago
- PurpleHeather cheered this 6 years ago
- FunnySunny cheered this 6 years ago
- objektsilver cheered this 6 years ago
- childoflight cheered this 6 years ago
- augustgarage cheered this 6 years ago
- pfeffy hopes she's back to 43T cheered this 6 years ago
- Komakino cheered this 6 years ago
- Alaskangal123 cheered this 6 years ago
- thelucky7 cheered this 6 years ago