that’s what I’m talking about…it’s Christmas…this goal has been on my page for years…and now is the time to let those important people know exactly who they are and put the negativity out of the way. I’m going to do my part to keep the positive energy flowing at a time of year it’s sorely needed. Cheers all!
meliflower has written 6 entries about this goal
A playdate that is….
I am babysitting for my friend tonight…her daughter is 4 years old…I have known her since she was a few days old :0)
We will eat quesadillas and play Cinderella.
I am going to make a list of everyone who I love and make a list of specific goals to meet with each person. They won’t know the goals, but I will. I believe I can already say “I’ve done this”, because it is really a philosophy that I embrace more and more as each year passes. I think I have it down well. But, would others agree? That is the question.
He just called me to talk about Christmas….or more specifically, what he wants for Christmas.
Does he want a book? No.
Does he want clothing? No.
Does he want something to use around the house or at work? No.
He wants a Garmin Nuvi 350 GPS system. http://www.garmin.com/products/nuvi/
Hahahahahah! It’s not the thought that counts, it’s getting the best, the top of the line, the most expensive new gadget you can think of.
hahahahah! One thing about my dad is that he has a very boyish quality to him when it comes to presents. He just basks in delight at the thought of getting something he really likes. And apparently…he’s not shy about asking either.
OK…..the funniest part is that he had already asked me what I wanted and I told him…any old thing…to which he got annoyed because he couldn’t think FOR me….so I said just go pick out a really good book for me that you think I would enjoy and write a nice note in the inside cover.
Sooooo…after we get past the GPS part of the conversation he tells me my step-mom found a cosmetic organizer on QVC that they thought I would like for Christmas….huhhhhh? Weren’t we just talking about a GPS a minute ago?
OK, so I was equally bratty right back at him…..and I made Christmas into a trade instead of a holiday.
I told him “Actually…I want an Everlast heavy bag, speed bag, and the stand to go along with them.” hahahah..just like him I specified the brand name and everything…these are things I was wanting to buy for the garage….they are roughly $300 altogether.
I can’t tell you how tickled pink I am by the whole silly, silly thing. My daughter and I were just about rolling on the floor in laughter and we know that my Dad is just so satisfied at this moment knowing first of all what he’s getting for Christmas and secondly that he’s getting what he wants which is 20 times more expensive than a Christmas present is supposed to be…we really love him for all that he is…so many good sides and still a few immature sides that just tickle us. We love you Grandpa!
PS: My daughter pointed out three things that have us rolling on the floor laughing hours after we hung up the phone:
1. Grandpa forced me to go to the website when I was on the phone with him, and I couldn’t find the model he asked for and he made me go Google it and find it on another website…just to make sure there were no “errors” in buying…my daughter imitated him by saying…”I’m not asking you to get it…I just want to show it to you and tell you how much I really really really want it”....
2. My daughter pointed out that Grandpa is (in her words) up the butt rich and we are struggling to get by…she thinks it’s hilarious that he wants us to buy him a GPS…
3. My daughter also pointed out that Grandpa has two other adult kids and a wife….she’s betting that he told EVERYONE about a different specific gift to get him…hahahahaah! Grandpa is SOOOO FUNNY!
This is also part of being a magician…one of my other goals. Not spending precious brain power and energy focusing/contemplating/trying to improve or figure out things/situations/people that are not within your control to change.
So I want to celebrate many people in my life..the holiday season is perfect…this will help me to move happily through the upcoming months.
This is a great goal. I have adopted it, I hope you don’t mind me glomming onto your 1 person goal! :0) Best, Melissa
meliflower has gotten 51 cheers on this goal.
- Nikita cheered this 4 years ago
- kez77 cheered this 5 years ago
- Tink cheered this 5 years ago
- ~ Julie ~ cheered this 5 years ago
- handygirl cheered this 5 years ago
- keylimepies cheered this 5 years ago
- Chris Pine cheered this 5 years ago
- Faustus cheered this 5 years ago
- wraiths82 cheered this 5 years ago
- spiraljetty cheered this 5 years ago
- Mooselove cheered this 5 years ago
- blincolnw cheered this 5 years ago
- actually_alexis cheered this 5 years ago
- andi77 cheered this 5 years ago
- Geo58 cheered this 5 years ago
- Sister Golden Hair cheered this 5 years ago
- Mike cheered this 5 years ago
- Michelle cheered this 5 years ago
- joyjoei cheered this 5 years ago
- Danadanadana cheered this 6 years ago
- Mybellagrace cheered this 6 years ago