Special Olympics Bowling this Sunday, then at the nursing home and SPCA next month, and Habitat for Humanity in April. Can’t wait for it all!
volunteers.aarp.org/ Register Free With Create The Good To Receive Volunteer Opportunities.
www.bealion.org/ And So Much More. Lions Clubs International. Be a Lion. Volunteer
www.keysvoluntourism.com/ Dedicate a Part of Your Vacation. Be a Volunteer & Make it Special!
www.benevola.net/ Give your passion and talent to enjoy free & authentic volunteering
www.volunteerhq.org/ American volunteers wanted for affordable volunteer trips abroad!
missmorgan389 has written 6 entries about this goal
I need to start working on my hours; Summer is the time when I’m not busy, and I always say during the school year that Summer is the time to volunteer.
Well, time to do some service for the community!!!
On Tuesday and on Friday I’m working [have worked] at the food pantry. Tuesday was excellent, however, it is quite sad seeing people come through, and especially with children. Now I see the importance of food drives and next time there is one, I’m going out and buying all the canned goods I can.
My mother suggested I make the call to volunteer. I told myself that I just can’t go back to the animal shelter. I just can’t. It breaks my heart seeing animals there and it’s worse when you see someone walk away from an animal knowing they won’t get bought. Luckily a lot of people buy from our local shelter so I don’t have too much to worry about.
I’m thinking Make a Wish sounds pretty interesting, or maybe the food pantry or Meals on Wheels. It all sounds so.. interesting. I just want to do it all!
There’s so many places to go, that I just have NO idea where to start! I have places to call, who to contact.. but I’m not even sure which place to start at. So I’m thinking about starting at the top of the list and work my way down it. Or, I can just start in the middle and skip around until I finish. But still, it’s kind of confusing because there’s so many places I want to go for my first volunteering experience..
So Earth Day is today even though Earth Day is anytime soon. Anyway. We got a complete list of places to volunteer. I think I’ll start the list soon. I love helping other people, so why not? By the end of the Summer, I plan to have completed the list or get most of it done.
Plus it makes you feel good, so why not? It’s an added bonus.
missmorgan389 has gotten 23 cheers on this goal.
- ligumbyte cheered this 10 months ago
- kathybacon cheered this 11 months ago
- Rasmeii cheered this 12 months ago
- Caley cheered this 13 months ago
- CitrusOne cheered this 2 years ago
- LyLy13 cheered this 2 years ago
- Barracuda48 cheered this 2 years ago
- Jordy...aka...Jody & Gordy cheered this 2 years ago
- rosewilder cheered this 2 years ago
- Josefine cheered this 2 years ago
- computerprokeith cheered this 2 years ago
- starstuff cheered this 2 years ago
- jamesthong cheered this 2 years ago
- ThoroughlyBadHat cheered this 3 years ago
- 0nepercenter cheered this 3 years ago
- xoxoxo cheered this 3 years ago
- ihatetopaint cheered this 3 years ago
- Amy J cheered this 4 years ago
- Smokemonster cheered this 4 years ago
- autumnkiss cheered this 4 years ago
- Kian_Lee cheered this 4 years ago