I meant to get this goal done 3 days ago, but I’m making good progress on it anyway. I can play all of the major scales from memory much better than before, and all the natural minor scales from memory. Now on to melodic and harmonic and I’m so legit.
mlarmalade has written 2 entries about this goal
I know all of the major scales fairly well. Most of them I’ve got down pat but a couple of them I fumble if I don’t think about them, but I’m getting tested on those in a few days so I need to review.
Meanwhile, I know only a few of the natural minors well, and I can’t do any of them without thinking through the “oh, it’s relative to this, so we start on this with such and such key signature and if I’m doing melodic or harmonic I change this or that note” process.
This goal will be done for me when I can play all the major, natural minor, melodic minor, and harmonic minor scales from memory.
To help I made myself a minor scale sheet. I’ll play through it 5ish times tomorrow when I practice and then start trying from memory.
Otherwise I should do some exercises with the scales…like this one, I’m not sure what it’s called, but you do 1,3,2,4,3,5,4,6,5,7,6,8,7,9,8 and and back down. I should’ve learned these scales it a focused way a long time ago. :p
mlarmalade has gotten 11 cheers on this goal.
- nurslaurie09 cheered this 10 months ago
- convoswplants cheered this 10 months ago
- julianbaker09 cheered this 11 months ago
- PurpleHeather cheered this 14 months ago
- Bradley Anderson cheered this 15 months ago
- Stephen cheered this 15 months ago
- khaosinkinema cheered this 16 months ago
- A march of Ghost Elephants cheered this 16 months ago
- cia007 cheered this 19 months ago
- fritopia cheered this 20 months ago
- SimplicityInTheLBC cheered this 23 months ago