I am using the LiveStrong site to track my physical activities so removing this from the list here.
nawatramani has written 15 entries about this goal
Walked to the library today! About a mile and a half round-trip. Weather was nice, didn’t even need the jacket I had brought along. Bonus – have more books to read. :-)
The cold weather in Dallas has put a complete stop to any activity. I think I may have to go for a treadmill/elliptical after all. Will see once I am done moving in summer.
I have started using the indoor track at YMCA every weekend to walk for at least an hour. Covering 3 miles at least. It is not fast but at least it is consistent. I want to increase my stamina by being able to walk at least 10 miles at a go. I have been thinking of adding some swim time as well.
I woke up around 4 am and found myself worrying about all the things I needed to do at home and at work. As soon as it was light outside, I decided to get out of the house and go for a walk. Since I always listen to music when I walk, it helps me take my mind off the things I have to do. I walked for an hour around the neighborhood, choosing paths which I knew had ups and downs and would afford some exercise, instead of just strolling along at a leisurely pace. I feel great!!! I plan on doing this more often.
I wish I was doing more of this. I did walk DD to day care today and will be walking her back but I really want to do it on a more structured level and definitely more regularly. Maybe a treadmill at home is the answer? Will have to look into this.
We walked to school this morning that was about 1.5 miles round trip. Then I walked to the PO in the evening which was another 2 miles. Finally walked to DD’s daycare and back again which is another mile. Total distance walked today = 4.5 miles. I feel good!
Walked DD to school (day-care) before going to work. Round-trip one mile so no great shakes. Plus it was windy but sunny! Glad I had my cap on. It felt good to be outdoors!!!
Walked with DD to her school playground (0.75 miles one way). Spent about 30 minutes on the swings while she played around the jungle gym. Then walked back. I had forgotten how much I love swings!!! :-D
Since the weather is expected to be not too bad in the coming week, I will be walking DD to school in the mornings. Hopefully things will go as per plan.
Well, winter is here and I didn’t walk around as much as I wanted and now it is too cold for me to venture out. I cannot imagine how some people cope with this kind of weather (or worse) for months on end. Brrrr!!!
nawatramani has gotten 25 cheers on this goal.
- viobio cheered this 2 years ago
- this is just a test cheered this 2 years ago
- Todd Schoonover cheered this 2 years ago
- abpindallas cheered this 3 years ago
- brickhorse cheered this 3 years ago
- runwim cheered this 3 years ago
- treehugger_peace cheered this 4 years ago
- lob cheered this 4 years ago
- L C cheered this 4 years ago
- rogiermerlijn cheered this 4 years ago
- Sammie cheered this 4 years ago
- Ru ~ dig deeper cheered this 4 years ago
- porfavornofubar cheered this 4 years ago
- Laura cheered this 4 years ago
- somnambulist cheered this 4 years ago
- Dulicinea cheered this 4 years ago
- mommymoehawk cheered this 4 years ago
- kittycatpurr cheered this 4 years ago
- feddle cheered this 5 years ago
- txncupcake cheered this 5 years ago
- ~ John Lee ~ cheered this 5 years ago