Dodgers Stadium (Los Angeles, CA): Los Angeles Dodgers (L) vs. Houston Astros. We were worried that it was going to be a hot, miserable ball game, but thankfully found our seats to be under the large overhang. A tribute to the 1955 World Series Champion Brooklyn Dodgers kicked off the Sunday game… how often can you see Sandy Koufax throw out the first pitch? The food at Dodgers Stadium wasn’t half bad – the lines were almost nonexistent (thanks to a cafeteria style “grab’n’go” setup) and we were able to walk around all levels of the park. Dodgers dogs = not much to write home about. But at least they had veggie dogs (see Angels Stadium entry.) The stadium felt aged, but had this LA-retro feel to it – cool. We also admired the way that foot traffic was funneled to seats – much better than the usual “rising levels” and stairways at ballparks. Oh, and Roger Clemens was on the mound, too. August 28, 2005.
www.ask.com/Ballparks+Of+Baseball Ballparks Of Baseball. Discover and Explore on Ask.com!
www.shop411.com/Park+Baseball Search for Park Baseball. Compare and Save with Shop411.
www.playclubsports.com/ Play all year. Coed social sports leagues for Adults. Click to play!
mlb.tickets-online.com/ Official Site of MLBTicketsOnline Order Your Tickets Online Today
www.sesportsmemorabilia.com/Baseballs Official Ball of the Major Leagues. Free Shipping on Orders Over $80!
ottersf has written 3 entries about this goal
Angels Stadium (Anaheim, CA): Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim (W) vs. Tampa Bay Devil Rays. Had beautiful ballpark weather, so I’m glad that I brought strong SPF sunscreen. Highlights were the activities for kids (face painting! Angel halo balloon hats!) and the ostentatious fireworks waterfall in the outfield. I was quite disappointed with the food – I found no veg options after searching the park far and wide and settled on a bean burrito and corn-on-the-cob. Certainly put off by the prevalence of rally monkeys… August 7, 2005.
Have already visited:
- McAfee Coliseum/”The Coliseum” (Oakland, CA): Oakland Athletics. Home of my boys in green and gold. Countless times.
- PacBell/SBC Park (San Francisco, CA): San Francisco Giants. Gotta hand it to the Giants, they keep all of the non-baseball fans occupied during games. I especially enjoyed the eggplant panini. Twice (once in a luxury box!)
- Candlestick Park/”The Stick” (San Francisco, CA): San Francisco Giants. Ah, what windy memories. Countless times as a youngster.
- Safeco Field (Seattle, WA): Seattle Mariners vs. Tampa Bay Devil Rays (W). Between Ivar Dogs and Shishkaberrys, I was a happy camper. Loved that anyone could walk around the ballpark and enjoy the game from field level at the ‘bar’ tables. Sat view level behind homeplate. June 10, 2005.
ottersf has gotten 1 cheer on this goal.
- Robyn cheered this 6 years ago