So, I guess the ultimate goal of watching less television was accomplished.
petrnotail has written 4 entries about this goal
to this goal is the tv in the morning. in our old apartment, i used to get up and turn on CNN and watch it while I got ready. i would then spend the rest of the day fretting over world crises beyond my control/sphere of influence. but now, instead of being well-informed by the corporate drivel news, I am just reading the paper on my lunch break (also corporate crap, but what isn’t these days?) and listening to records in the morning.
I skipped the morning walk in favor of tidying the kitchen while listening to Pet Sounds by The Beach Boys and then Teen Dream by Beach House (best record of 2010 thus far btw—you should get it.)
I tend to arrive to work non-vomitous and happy and relaxed. The news does bad things to me, but reading makes me happy, so I am reading the news in hopes it won’t upset so much. Hopefully, I can keep this up.
in the aeroplane over the sea
the best of the animals
tea for the tillerman
but it’s not because it needs special emphasis. i am about to put on side 2 of beauty and the beat and thinking of what fun i had last night with mr. petrnotail and our friend dave, as we sat on the couch and talked and listened to records. last night was sparks, the rolling stones, lou reed and some 16th century organ music.
petrnotail has gotten 11 cheers on this goal.
- apteryx cheered this 2 years ago
- Alaska Girl cheered this 3 years ago
- Tina cheered this 3 years ago
- nashtucky cheered this 3 years ago
- JadedForever cheered this 3 years ago
- heaveemetal cheered this 3 years ago
- Gwen cheered this 3 years ago
- sitio cheered this 3 years ago
- theatregeek1008 cheered this 3 years ago
- postcard cheered this 3 years ago
- Ru ~ dig deeper cheered this 3 years ago