Got the car repaired, so it’s back to normal! Yay.
pixiedustie has written 10 entries about this goal
the tax forms – yay! These particular ones have been hanging over me for too many years. I got in before the deadline and should get a good chunk of change back in due course.
Faxed the expenditure forms but was told I have to wait a few months until after the baby is born to get them resubmitted and processed. Annoying but we will get reimbursed eventually.
March has seen significant progress on this front!
Paperwork: Threw away about 5 large bags of shredded paperwork. Went through the filing cabinet and sorted out 2/3 of it, getting rid of loads of stuff. Only a few more file folders to go.
Went through the whole cupboard, bought boxes to store different types of stuff, created large pile in garage of boxes, books, clothes, stuff, to give away or throw away.
Went through garage and organized most of the stuff that needs to be sorted out/given away. Only a couple of boxes left.
Put aside 2 bags of clothes to give away to charity. Organized all the clothes that still fit me and those that won’t until after the baby!
Completed a couple of important forms at work; got a new computer and transferred the files over; working on 3 important pieces of paperwork that will be good for our finances – will complete them this week.
Made lists of what needs to be done every month for next several months!
- Went through and got rid of all receipts
- Completed FHSA form
- Completed CC form
Yes, 1 hr: Went through the 3 piles of papers in the bedroom, sorted into piles and am ready to file away.
Mon Oct 3rd:
Put away all the clothes; did the washing (1.5 hours)
Wed Oct 12th:
Cleaned kitchen, living room, back room (2 hours)
Mon Sept 12th:
Did 30 minutes, went through 3 boxes of stuff. :)
Fri Sept 16th:
I’ve got into the habit of making sure the kitchen and sitting room are spotless before I go to bed. It makes it much nicer to get up and face the house the next morning. :)
Sun Sept 18th (1-2 hours):
Cleaned the cooker, it’s now sparkling.
Cleaned the bathroom.
If I make this a habit it won’t seem so daunting.
Well, I just moved out of one flat and into another. In the process I filed away all my important documents and now have a box file that is neatly organised and full to the brim!
I also got rid of all those old clothes and shoes at the Goodwill shop. Good stuff.
Once we’re unpacked properly I will schedule 15 minutes a day for decluttering. The first thing we need to do is get some space in the apartment and a nice working area for me set up then the rest can follow.
I changed this from “declutter my life” to “declutter 15 minutes a day”. It’s a more specific and attainable goal.
If I can do 15 small minutes a day I’m much more likely to achieve my decluttering goals.
This may have to wait for a month or so until I’ve moved and am settled in a new place. But I’d like my new life to be clutter free.
pixiedustie has gotten 21 cheers on this goal.
- cats5kids3 cheered this 14 months ago
- Endrina cheered this 18 months ago
- Dreamer7787 cheered this 19 months ago
- maromera cheered this 2 years ago
- signora oye vey cheered this 2 years ago
- blaircaldwell86 cheered this 2 years ago
- Lisa cheered this 2 years ago
- toomuchcoffee cheered this 2 years ago
- jimrin cheered this 2 years ago
- ninjahug cheered this 2 years ago
- Rejohn cheered this 2 years ago
- razz51 cheered this 3 years ago
- yodachan cheered this 3 years ago
- Voulez-Vous cheered this 3 years ago
- runwim cheered this 3 years ago
- Donna cheered this 3 years ago
- Absnasm cheered this 4 years ago
- Ru ~ dig deeper cheered this 4 years ago
- lovingmex43 cheered this 4 years ago
- nina and james cheered this 4 years ago
- Lanie cheered this 4 years ago