Life is a process that does not end until a person dies. The same is for the simplifying of my life. I have achieved a lot, but will continue to do so.
proudauzzie has written 23 entries about this goal
is happening. With my bedtime often being at 9:30pm. I have to say it is making a difference. I feel much more refreshed I must say.
Today I spent quite a while sorting out my clothes. As a result I have gotten ridden of approximately 4 bags. Which is a good start, but still more to go yet when I have the time.
on the dollar stretcher website. I am finding some inspiration that’s for sure.
Its amazing how much rubbish I actually have. I am quite surprised. But I know that once its all sorted out things will be much better, so I am not too worried at the moment.
Tonight I watched an episode of: Living with the Amish, which I found very inspiring and encouraging, as it makes me want to find out more about their lifestyle. I hope I get the opportunity to watch the other episodes.
I threw out a shoulder bag that I always end up migraines with when I use it.
So good bye bag = lot less pain. I can’t wait.
This afternoon (and evening) I decided that I would sort out one of my book shelves. I wanted to do this, as I feel that the clutter it holds in making me not feel the best, nor as productive as I would like.
In the beginning I found it daunting, that was until I took the advice of my husband (Just start with one shelf, otherwise it will get too overwhelming). The result is a much more ordered shelving system. Minus a box of books and magazines to donate.
I am happy with the result. I still have a lot to sort out. But because of today’s efforts I feel more confident.
I must say (for me at least) having a clean out is very releasing and empowering.
And the reason is quite simple. I am wasting a lot of food, especially meat, as I keep forgetting to use it before it goes off.
I feel really bad about this for a number of reasons. Firstly, there are people that have no or little food at all and here I am throwing a lot away. I personally find this disgraceful, so I want to stop this happening at all if its in my control at all. Secondly, the money I have wasted to buy the food could have been best spent elsewhere. Thirdly, the animal had to die so I could have a part of it, as a result I feel upset that I have wasted such a precious life, that took effort and care on the farmers part to bring for me to have. I took that blessing and wasted it, as a result I feel ashamed. All I can really say is I need to change this behaviour and as quick as possible.
I am in love with the small/tiny house movement. However, I wonder how possible it would be with a family. I think more research is required. But it does make me think about what is vital for my life and what is not.
proudauzzie has gotten 123 cheers on this goal.
- runwim cheered this 3 months ago
- Peggy Hill cheered this 3 months ago
- gitana17 cheered this 5 months ago
- sue820 cheered this 5 months ago
- peaceloveart22 cheered this 6 months ago
- Irishpheonix cheered this 6 months ago
- meshmesh10 cheered this 6 months ago
- WaltzingMarie cheered this 7 months ago
- jimrin cheered this 8 months ago
- ApacheTear cheered this 8 months ago
- maraschin0 cheered this 8 months ago
- brickhorse cheered this 8 months ago
- true_blue cheered this 8 months ago
- Saraband cheered this 8 months ago
- Peanut007 cheered this 9 months ago
- ambler cheered this 9 months ago
- girlwitglasses cheered this 9 months ago
- LunaBella....Glitters cheered this 9 months ago
- PRocPunkDude cheered this 9 months ago
- Kappy_Shins cheered this 10 months ago
- Andrea409 cheered this 11 months ago