40. trollop (noun) – Strumpet, tart, floozy, Jezebel, hosebag, harlot, skank. O, the exuberant words of sluttishness.
41. marmoreal (adjective) – Cold and marble-like, especially of emotion or personality. “Amy’s marmoreal nature was drawn out over the years by honed joylessness and the brittle jaws of biting criticism.”
42. copacetic (adjective) – Fine, exceptionally acceptable, just dandy. I can’t imagine a cooler sounding word.
43. attenuate (verb) – To draw out in length, to make thin and tapered.
44. failcookie (noun) – The prize for being hit upside the head the most times before finally getting the message.
45. plimsolls (noun, pl.) – The proper word for sneakers or deck shoes.
46. lumber (verb) – To plod with some measure of stagger, with an implied largesse and/or oafishness.
47. nyaff (noun) – A brat or irritating person. “Take yer leave, ye wee nyaff!”
48. lachrymose (adjective) – Weepy, in a sweepingly dramatic, melancholic sense. Causing of nausea.
49. dewlap (noun) – A flap of loose skin or wattle that hangs underneath the chin of certain animals. “A jawbreaker a day keeps the dewlap away,” said Amy, in her dotage.
50. dotage (noun) – Old age, euphemistically, sort of.