This weekend I will dog-sit a co-worker’s little Honey-type dog. I’m looking forward to having a pup around for a few days.
razz51 has written 40 entries about this goal
Tomorrow my 3-day pottery workshop starts but not till 1 p.m. so I have an entire morning to myself. I can get up late, or read, will have time to actually do something besides run out of the house in the morning. Yay. Saturday the session is all day and on Sunday the session ends early. And Monday I have off to do whatever I please! I plan to just be good to myself, rest my neck, get a little exercise and enjoy just being close to pottery again.
Tonight we played make-up until we both looked like harlots – or maybe clowns – and her room smelled like a French bordello. A bath followed. She still loves her rubber ducks. I snapped a photo of her with one in each hand and one on top of her head. Then we decided to write a book together. She told me what to put in it and I said I would. She’s sleeping soundly in the room next to mine and in the morning she’ll climb into bed with me and put her “little ice cube” feet on me to warm up. I’ll take her to school and her Mom will have had not only an entire evening to herself, but most of the day as well. Fun for all involved!
After my little Super Bowl bash last night I had a lot of food left over so I took it into work and we all did a little Monday quarterbacking over lunch.
For my SO’s quintet It’s been a long time since I’ve actually entertained, what with Chatty Cathy and before that the fire and before that, Mom. So I’m looking forward to it. I don’t give a flip about football but I like the people.
The granbeanie and I will have lots of fun cooking fairy-style! Thanks, HC for the terrific cookbook. That was generous and thoughtful! Just like you.
Today I have brunch with my SO – FUN! I get to bake bread for dinner – FUN! I get to finish the presents I’m making – FUN! Then I get to go hang out with my favorite people (including the granbeanie) eat, exchange presents, fun, fun, FUN!
We had our annual cookie day yesterday. Two of my nieces, one nephew (all grown), my SIL and BIL, my grandniece, my daughter, SIL and of course, the granbeanie all gathered to make our favorites and at least one new cookie. This year that was a dark chocolate mint cookie. My SIL and I recalled doing this when our kids were all little and decided it was great having little ones again.
The granbeanie is going to have a SISTER!
My niece is getting married tomorrow at the beach. I’m going. I expect it will be beautiful. The granbeanie is also going. She is so excited! She, too, will be beautiful. She’s wearing a purple dress with a glass pendant that was my mother’s. I can’t wait to watch her.
razz51 has gotten 27 cheers on this goal.
- erevshel cheered this 2 years ago
- joeyinthebush cheered this 2 years ago
- JWillow cheered this 3 years ago
- whahappen cheered this 3 years ago
- laws 43 cheered this 3 years ago
- paisleypaige cheered this 3 years ago
- lancscat cheered this 3 years ago
- Tink cheered this 3 years ago
- Daphne cheered this 3 years ago
- Eimear cheered this 3 years ago
- gitana17 cheered this 3 years ago
- Daffer_Kent cheered this 3 years ago
- HippieChick2 cheered this 3 years ago
- rosewilder cheered this 3 years ago
- Jessy cheered this 3 years ago
- TajLV cheered this 3 years ago
- Knitty1 cheered this 3 years ago
- wren cheered this 3 years ago
- jansu cheered this 3 years ago
- PurpleHeather cheered this 4 years ago
- Georgina47 cheered this 4 years ago