It’s been too hot so I haven’t eaten all that well lately. I eat salads, humus, chips and dips, sandwiches. Sometimes frozen pizza. Tonight I cooked. I surprised my SO and he was delighted.
www.trimdownclub.com/ Cut down a bit of stomach fat every day by never eating these 5 foods.
razz51 has written 11 entries about this goal
I’ve just completed three weeks of an experiment. Living alone as I do I find it very difficult to cook for just me without freezing at least half of what I make (and some things do not freeze well). My last grocery store trip was also very expensive so I tried eating out for the last three weeks. Yep, it’s cheaper. But the food just isn’t as good as I can make myself and it’s very difficult to eat low GI while out unless I eat only salads. I think I will eat out more but not entirely. I just don’t like how it makes me feel. I need to cook smarter.
So that screws the goose for dinner, I guess, as the SO is coming over and I’ve prepared the required snacks and usual foods for a game. But breakfast and lunch were good.
Breakfast: cheese and egg
Lunch: frozen pizza (!)
Dinner: Olive Garden (I give up! Will try again tomorrow!)
I bought some fresh Lima beans and was exited to cook them last night. They just never got tender so I left them on the stove – and burned ‘em! So I discarded the burned beans and cooked the rest again tonight. They are still undone! These are some stubborn beans – plus they taste burned. So I’m giving up.
Breakfast – scrambled egg with basil and Parmesan.
Lunch – refried beans and cheese with salad and whole grain chips
Snack – nuts
Dinner – Fail. I’m not hungry!
Breakfast: Homemade, WW toast with cherries, acai and pomagranite jam
Lunch: Keilbasa and cabbage
Dinner: A bit of a fail. It was supposed to be lean roast beef, butter beans and brown rice but the butter beans still weren’t cooked after 35 minutes so it turned into the beef and another slice of my bread. But I’ll eat the beans once they cook!
Breakfast: homemade whole wheat toast and almond butter
Lunch: Big spinach salad
Dinner: taco salad with meat and beans and fresh Pico de Gallo
So today when my SO and I went to CostCo he wanted a hot dog and a drink. Normally, I’d say, OK, me too. But I thought about this goal and the chickpea/tuna salad I made yesterday and passed. I’m having it now and it’s tasty and good for me: chickpeas, tuna, quiona, onions, celery, carrots and field greens. High fiber, low carb, good fats, and a drink of black tea, which is full of good stuff and no sugar or artificial sweeteners. I can do this.
Here’s the recipe.
I’m going to make whole wheat banana bread and have it for dinner.
razz51 has gotten 21 cheers on this goal.
- HippieChick2 cheered this 4 months ago
- Cora_and_Clarice cheered this 4 months ago
- NualaBuala cheered this 5 months ago
- Taqwa_Salah cheered this 6 months ago
- TG cheered this 10 months ago
- Cornucopia cheered this 10 months ago
- ooamaimomooo cheered this 10 months ago
- that one girl cheered this 11 months ago
- eclectic passion cheered this 14 months ago
- JadedForever cheered this 14 months ago
- cats5kids3 cheered this 14 months ago
- Ru ~ dig deeper cheered this 14 months ago
- Agent 99 cheered this 14 months ago
- LadySlipper cheered this 14 months ago
- mwink cheered this 15 months ago
- rosewilder cheered this 15 months ago
- Holly cheered this 15 months ago
- jimrin cheered this 15 months ago
- Alyssa is a singular girl cheered this 16 months ago
- aswedishlime cheered this 16 months ago
- buffalosnowangel cheered this 16 months ago