- The smell of food being prepared drifting from the kitchen.
- Being handed my emergency passport eventually. Took only three trips into city centre and about seven hours of patiently waiting!
- Messages from all the people I love wishing me, my daughter and her baby ‘Bon Voyage’.
- Helpful and friendly shop assistants.
- Getting home safely after a day out on my own, and a glass of chilled wine awaiting me when I walked in the door.
- A mild winter’s day, when not too much padding was needed before venturing outside.
eLeOnoR has written 5 entries about this goal
These are the things that I’m grateful for today:
Today I’m grateful for these things:
- At last finishing the thick novel I was reading. It gave me much food for thought on life and in particular relationships.
- Achieving my ‘do yoga 30 times in 30 days’ goal, and for all the cheers and congratulations from my team mates.
- People here on 43things whom I now consider friends.
- The last-minute bits that needed doing before I leave England, including saying goodbyes, can be marked ‘done’.
- Finishing a heap of laundry, including ironing! (Wipes brow)
- The luxury of lots of ‘free’ time.
- I’m grateful for being here to celebrate the first year of my grandson’s existence on earth.
- I’m grateful for a peaceful morning in which I could reflect.
- I’m grateful to the trainee hairdresser who styled my hair with so much care today, even though she was nervous as anything. I spent the most relaxing two and and a half hours with her snip-snipping away; almost fell asleep. The end result isn’t bad either.
- I’m grateful that my daughter got her baby’s passport sorted out.
- I’m grateful for my kids’ appreciation of a simple home-cooked meal I served them tonight.
- I’m grateful to be part of this team. Thanks again, NYC, for inviting me here.
- I’m grateful for seeing the sun today, even if it was fleeting.
- I’m grateful that my daughter has the assurance that her problems with her and her baby’s passports will be sorted out tomorrow.
- I’m grateful for the Yoga team on 43T. For their unfailing support and inspiration.
- I’m grateful that I have a mind of my own, and that I can ‘make up’ my own mind.
for this invitation, NYC.