I’ve decided that this goal isn’t SMART. So, away it goes. Thinking about how I can reframe it into something a little more concrete.
www.gotomypc.com/ Download an Official Free Trial! Remote Access & Control For PCs
www.productivecorp.com/ Webinar week for security & storage All attendees get tech-geek prizes
Bee Sage has written 5 entries about this goal
Just confirmed the seating arrangement in our new building. Our whole group is moving over there. It’ll be nice to have an office with sunlight (we’re in an old server room right now) but we’re all a little wary of this “scrum” setup and the half sized cube walls.
But I’m trying to look on the bright side of things. Being away from the main campus buildings, I’ll likely have excuses work remotely more often, which I like doing. And getting away from my current office, maybe I can shed some of the bad habits and unproductive routines I’ve associated with being here.
The only thing I’m really COMPLETELY PEEVED about is the road construction going on in front of that building the rest of this year, which means I won’t be able to ride my bike to work until it’s cold again. (At least not in any reasonably safe manner.) If I were staying at the old building, I could have ridden up the backroads. It would have added a mile or so to my ride, but 3 miles is still nothing on a bike.
I feel like I’m barely keeping my head above water on cheers here. But this is because I banned myself from non-work Internet while at work. And the Egman’s and I have been super busy with wedding stuff and selling my car this week, so not much online time there either. But I’m making excellent progress being more productive!
I will catch up on cheers soon! Promise!
It’s so hard to keep concentrated on code when your stomach is doing unsettling flips all morning. If this keeps up, I’m declaring it a sick-afternoon and going home early for a nap.
I’m putting the biggest work distraction sites under lock and key. No visiting them at my desk! If I must, I can do it at lunch, but never from my desk.
I need to focus on the work, not pretty articles from the internet!
Bee Sage has gotten 30 cheers on this goal.
- Carm cheered this 11 months ago
- Peggy Hill cheered this 15 months ago
- Spatz cheered this 15 months ago
- Auntie B Belofg cheered this 15 months ago
- Ayanadnb <3 cheered this 16 months ago
- Bradley Anderson cheered this 16 months ago
- Lagniappe cheered this 17 months ago
- malenaxsiempre cheered this 17 months ago
- totocorde cheered this 18 months ago
- nananaina cheered this 18 months ago
- atinygoat cheered this 18 months ago
- zhou cheered this 19 months ago
- gaiaiag cheered this 19 months ago
- dragonfly35 cheered this 19 months ago
- Sarena37 cheered this 20 months ago
- hhannah cheered this 20 months ago
- octoberclovered cheered this 20 months ago
- angel2101 cheered this 20 months ago
- runwim cheered this 20 months ago
- wren cheered this 20 months ago
- Sirla cheered this 20 months ago