I’m feeling a little dejected at the moment as I don’t think I did too well. Right now I am so tired of trying… I have one more enterance exam booked this summer so there is still hope; however, if I don’t get in this year I’ve decided not to apply again. This application is seriously wearing me out and I need to eventually start living the rest of my life before my twenties escape me.
nicosia.sgul.ac.cy/2013-Admissions MD Degree from St. George's Univ. 2013 Admissions Open - Enroll Now!
searchinq.com/Online+Medical+Schools Search Online Medical Schools Find Great Results and Info.
www.phoenix.edu/HealthCare Make a Difference. College Health Care Programs for the 21st Century.
sammeee has written 4 entries about this goal
And I really hope that I have not ruined my chances because of it. My AS-level exams were these past two weeks; I managed to get through my first biology and chemistry exams, but I got really ill for the last two and simply could not continue.
The only thing I can do is take them in January next year alongside the next round of exams for the complete A-levels. I feel absolutely awful, and my confidence has certainly taken a hit, but at the moment there is nothing that I can do except study hard and concentrate on the UKCAT which is in July, and the GAMSAT in September.
My application was a little lazy… By that I mean I chose to only do one entrance exam because I thought that it was going to be too much and too hard to do more. I decided against taking Chemistry and Biology A-levels because I started to have second thoughts about even doing medicine. I guess I just needed some time to figure things out, and by the time I realised that medicine is all I can see in my future I had missed my window to do the A-levels.
I chose universities that didn’t require A-levels and which only needed the UKCAT to get in. With my humanities degree, my choices were rather limited to say the least.
So, many months later, my application is looking much stronger. By the time I apply in October, I will have completed AS Chemistry and AS Biology, with (hopefully) good predicted grades for A2’s in both. Plus, I will have taken the UKCAT and the GAMSAT. Six months experience of working as an auxiliary nurse at a great hospital, six weeks voluntary work in two state hospitals in Mexico and 4 weeks of voluntary work in an orphanage. I already have a fantastic degree from a top university, and now all I need to work on is further volunteer work. Have I missed anything out that I could improve on…?
Hoping for success this year. Fingers crossed!
This is so draining, and there is so much still to do! I have to get my ass in gear and get prepared for that damn UKCAT exam. Things are not going so well on that front.
Although, things are finally looking up with the work experience thing, which is very positive! However, I still need to find out what’s going on with those volunteering positions I applied for several months ago. I think I may still need to apply for a few more.
sammeee has gotten 92 cheers on this goal.
- neriende cheered this 1 month ago
- Xaavier cheered this 1 month ago
- vivacekate cheered this 2 months ago
- silveremerald cheered this 3 months ago
- joie de vivre cheered this 4 months ago
- knives cheered this 4 months ago
- linnincarnate cheered this 7 months ago
- Hoffy cheered this 10 months ago
- mavillahermo cheered this 10 months ago
- chaucer1234 cheered this 10 months ago
- Lune Fromage: Born of Stardust cheered this 13 months ago
- midev cheered this 14 months ago
- liliyan cheered this 14 months ago
- Dragon_Lady cheered this 14 months ago
- catherine's daughter cheered this 14 months ago
- Z cheered this 14 months ago
- The Chocolate Girl! cheered this 14 months ago
- Pariya cheered this 14 months ago
- butohdancer cheered this 14 months ago
- Gumersinda cheered this 14 months ago
- Bradley Anderson cheered this 15 months ago