I have to say that overall I have not enjoyed this goal at all. But having finally arrived at no. 43 I’ve repeated what I did when half way through, this time gathering together all 43 things that I’ve listed. I’ve reordered them a bit and see that a couple are practically repeats of each other but never mind. Looking at the list…. yeah – it’s okay :) It’s a fair representation of me and I do quite like myself ;)
1. I’m tall
2. I have small ears! I really like my ears!
3. I have a long neck. Which means dangly earrings!! :-P
4. I’m reserved and not easy to fathom or get to know. I’ve been described as enigmatic and ethereal at times.
5. Sometimes I liken myself to an iceberg! Not because I’m cold but because more of me is hidden than is visible. There’s a lot happening under the surface.
6. I have INFJ preferences. When I discovered that, it was like somebody switched on the light: everything fell into place. I love being INFJ :)
7. I can take a long hard look inside and not shrink from what I find.
8. I’m grounded. Despite how it may seem at times, I have my heart in the clouds but my feet on the ground.
9. I aim to tread my own path whilst not treading on others.
10. I believe there is good in everyone
11. She may not always be easy to spot but my inner child is alive and kicking!
12. I am Pollyanna-ish :) I habitually seek the good in people and situations. I’m happy to play The Glad Game :)
13. I may be naïve and trusting but I like that in myself
14. I am emotionally strong
15. I know that I can love unconditionally. I have walked away when the occasion required it. And stayed when that was necessary too.
16. I have the capacity to forgive
17. I’m compassionate
18. I am tolerant and respectful
19. I choose to interact through compromise and negotiation and I seek to avoid confrontation
20. Respecting the other person’s point of view is important to me. Everyone has the right to their opinion and the right to be heard.
21. I’m loyal and supportive
22. I consider it important to appreciate people’s strengths. Even when their strength seems opposed to my own.
23. I’m honest
24. I admit to mistakes and try to learn from them
25. I’m humble. Or try to be. I am always happy to learn from my mistakes.
26. I can always laugh at myself
27. I analyse. (This would also appear on a list of things I don’t like about myself.)
28. I love to learn
29. I believe there is something to learn from all situations and from everyone I encounter.
30. I love my family
31. People and relationships are central to me. Connection is everything
32. I adore books: I love the look, the smell, the feel as well as the content.
33. I LOVE Christmas!
34. I love living close to the seasons
35. I take enormous pleasure from simple things
36. I love beginnings.
37. I am highly sensitive to atmospheres – be they of the human kind or the atmosphere of a place or building.
38. I like to photograph small things. An image of a tiny part of the whole encapsulates so much more than the whole for me. I can recreate entire holidays in my head from a picture of one tiny thing.
39. Money is not that important to me
40. I no longer believe that that everything happens for a reason. Sometimes bad things happen and there is no reason. Life just is. What matters is how I respond to what happens: it’s not the ‘why it happened’ that’s important, it’s the ‘what I do now that it has’ that counts.
41. I find the world an awesome place. I consider it a true privilege to be here.
42. I take life (and myself) too seriously at times but that’s okay; I can laugh at life (and myself) too!
43. I know that life is beautiful!