are so much braver than we adults are. Therefore we must not pass our fears onto them, just ensure a sound level of safety for their fearless minds to unfold.
shelagh_c has written 16 entries about this goal
Lesson of the week.
Different people behave differently in meetings.
People like to feel smart. If their perception of their own smartness is under threat, some of them will apply a range of different behaviors so as to feel smart again. They will not make efforts to get an understanding of what’s really going on though.
I cannot change anybody’s behavior in meetings (or behavior in general.).
Only I can react.
PS. I have never identified this need of feeling smart in my own behavior, and never really understood why some would wear these masks…
to accept yourself the way you are and love yourself, even though you may want to change something in yourself. Things that come your way will help you work on the changes but all along the way, you have to love yourself and accept yourself completely for who you are.
along with us. I must be chaning right now – as I notice people and things are changing. Well, I guess it’s just my perception of them that is changing but anyway, the fact is change is taking place. I see more and I understand more, I blaze my own trail more. I think it’s a good sign, although it makes me feel muchly uncomfortable at the moment. Though, I know the only way out is through. Go forces!
I feel I am currently experiencing a How God tells you it’s time to change story. Once emotions have calmed down, I can clearly see the message: you are too good to keep being what you are; you have to go further, you have to expand. Although nobody will throw you away, feel encouraged and supported to grow. Yay thanks!
I have just realized that this goal is like a prayer. I re-read it again and again and (feeling a bit crappy at the moment…) realize how powerful this sentence is.
Accept the things I cannot change => do not fight with fire; do not waste your energy on actions that are unlikely to get you value added. Let it go.
Have the courage to change the things I can change => you are worth it; keep your eyes wide open; use your talents to make your life a work of art. Be brave in your decisions. Always go for the most difficult thing on the earth.
Have the wisdom to know the difference
the phrase in the middle: have courage to change the things I can. However, I would cross out courage and replace it with, say, energy/motivation.
have the courage to make the difference. and to make the difference. and the difference. to make. the difference.
This has served more as a reminder but still, I need to work on it. And it serves a great portion of encouragement in hard times like these… Thanks to you who first started this goal on 43T!
“We don’t see things as they are. We see things as we are.” Anais Nin
shelagh_c has gotten 27 cheers on this goal.
- bermudamohawk cheered this 2 months ago
- Rs:) naanu cheered this 5 months ago
- wembleyheads cheered this 8 months ago
- runwim cheered this 14 months ago
- Wonderfun cheered this 2 years ago
- moonandabug cheered this 2 years ago
- Denis27 cheered this 3 years ago
- joyjoei cheered this 3 years ago
- racsgirl cheered this 3 years ago
- Ann Vidal cheered this 3 years ago
- skitty1458mk2 cheered this 3 years ago
- Fig cheered this 3 years ago
- moira123 cheered this 3 years ago
- Theskysthelimit1976 cheered this 3 years ago
- girlyli cheered this 3 years ago
- Jillianne cheered this 3 years ago
- lookingatthestars cheered this 3 years ago
- shapeshifter_v cheered this 3 years ago
- Luda cheered this 4 years ago
- flowergirlresumed cheered this 4 years ago
- Abbaskid78 cheered this 4 years ago