sitruunapuu has written 23 entries about this goal
After months of posting nothing under this goal, I figured it was time to post something… I had looked forward to showing you guys how beautiful the Finnish summer can be, but it was the rainiest summer so far ever (for me) and it literally rained every day with the exception of maybe a week, and although there’s much beauty in the rain, I just didn’t feel inspired to take photos… It’s still raining most of the time but I try to get back into the habit of updating this journal every now and then. :)
That poor common nettle became part of my lunch. :D
A blueberry plant that’ll get leaves soon.
Pajunkissoja, ‘willow’s cats’. No idea what you might call these in English. :)
My lunch today:
A very simple green salad.
A blueberry smoothie with leafy greens, sesame seeds, etc.
All of the drawings are from the Finnish author Tove Jansson’s Moomin books.
It’s very grey and rainy in Finland today and I seem to have the knack for finding the most depressing subjects ever to photograph, so these aren’t very cheerful and colourful. :-)
...and I think that’s probably one of the things that makes them so good and precious. :) After 19 hours – three hours by car, four airports, three flights, a taxi drive and 37 hours of no sleep – I’m back in Finland and so the Turkey diary will come to an end with this post as well. I’m planning on continuing with the photo diary though, just with photos of Finland or some other country next time. :-)
A few photos from my last walk in Turkey:
...and then the travelling back home started.
I tend not to share much of this side of my life here (or elsewhere) – even though I talk about health from time to time, I quite rarely talk about the health challenges I’m currently experiencing or the treatment I have.
And so it came to my mind to give a bit of a different kind of point of view to my life in Turkey: my immunoglobulin infusion I’m giving myself right now at this moment when I’m writing this. I need to have it once a week and have had it for a few years now; it’s made from healthy people’s blood and it gives me antibodies and immunoglobulins (IgG) my body doesn’t produce.
sitruunapuu has gotten 135 cheers on this goal.
- sweetnam cheered this 5 months ago
- Gosudar cheered this 5 months ago
- Sunscour cheered this 5 months ago
- seeking~serenity cheered this 5 months ago
- wembleyheads cheered this 6 months ago
- Tarrador cheered this 6 months ago
- brilessthan3 cheered this 6 months ago
- joeyinthebush cheered this 6 months ago
- misty lamb cheered this 6 months ago
- Avittorio cheered this 6 months ago
- johnest cheered this 7 months ago
- JWillow cheered this 7 months ago
- aphel cheered this 7 months ago
- DayDreamer37 cheered this 7 months ago
- SuBu rooroo cheered this 7 months ago
- SWAZ cheered this 7 months ago
- Alleyhanai cheered this 7 months ago
- heshta cheered this 7 months ago
- DanT1999 cheered this 7 months ago
- shelagh_c cheered this 7 months ago
- gearster cheered this 8 months ago