I always am so happy and productive when I do this. Its really important and I stop then come back and vow to keep it up.
- A very patient boyfriend/boss that loves me enough to put up with my moodiness.
- Creativity and those who are driven enough to create. It makes life worth living for me.
- Social media. With so much going on it the world I so appreciate being able to get in touch with loved ones via Facebook.
Abbie won the right to see her kids. I’m really glad. Its only a few days a year but its a start. http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/03/25/california.triplets.visitation/index.html?hpt=T2 Its a terrible thing that this had to go to court. Sorry that I’m judging the father without even hearing his story but its not right to treat your children and their mother this way. Sad that money that could have gone to her care had to go to lawyers. Its good to see her with her parents. She looks like she’s smiling and the caption says they were looking at pictures of her kids. How lucky she was that her parents took action to assure her rights as well as the rights of her children and their rights as grandparents.
Video here. Apparently she can use a brainwave interface to control things; http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1370087/Abbie-Dorn-wins-right-triplets-paralysed-giving-birth-them.html
The fact that she has a yes/no signal with her eyes means that she can understand people. I looked at the Dynovox system which has an eyegaze interface. She might be able to use that but the system is $12,000. There are simpler systems that would allow her to just raise an eyebrow but they’re pretty complicated. http://www.dynavoxtech.com/products/eyemax/
Really grateful that a potentially stressful day was not.
Cookies. I really love cookies.
It was really wonderful. I woke up, fully awake at 6:40am! I love this day.
The small creatures in our yard all came by to eat. It was a total party of squirrels, blue birds, and these little brown birds. No crows or hummingbirds yet.
Got some code working that I’ve been struggling with.
I worked really long hours today. Got up at 7am and hit the floor running. It was a good day though.
- Spending the day with a group of counselors at the VA who were learning to use our product with veterans with TBI/PTSD. I’m so grateful that they are learning to do good things for these soldiers. It takes heart.
- Talking to my grandaughter and my middle daughter on the phone today.
- My friend sucessfully put the crockpot on to cook at noon and dinner was ready when I got home. White bean chili made with ground turkey.
- Finishing the IRB packets for the final reviews and having them all ready to go in the morning. Its midnight now.
I’m working on some weekly goals and the theme of the week is Abundance. So I’ll try to identify three things each day.
- I was able to get all the warm clothes I needed this weekend during my trip to a couple of thrift stores. I didn’t have to spend that much and now I’m warm. We also have a good heater so thats really nice.
- I have been able to stock enough food for cooking each week so we are eating well and not snacking. Had a bit of a backslide this weekend because of the Halloween candy. Ate a bag of candy corn over the last few days.
- I managed to keep the correct amount of money in by bill pay bank account so all of my bills will be covered. I get so tired of having to make partial payments and move money around. Finally got it right this month.
Was youtubing around this morning watching Santana videos, rocking out to music inspired by the univeral spirit of love and ran into this video by Santana and Steve Tyler – Just Feel Better..
Life for todays teens is so much more complicated. Remember to hug your teen today and tell them you appreciate them.