I think this book changed my outlook on life and how I spend time. It really influenced me and helped me heal in areas of my life that I didn’t even know were injured. Great book.
spiraljetty has written 32 entries about this goal
My friend and I did an artist date for his inner artist a couple of days ago. It was a date on top of an artist date. He had been watching “The Joy of Painting” http://www.bobross.com/ for years and had even recorded all the episodes. After years of hearing about his desire to try to paint using the techniques, we did it. We went online and found the kits required and located a nearby Michaels to go buy everything. They have a kit with everything except pallets, canvas and paint tinner stuff. Went to 3 stores, took about an extra hour trying to build a makeshift easel, and then used the pause rewind multiple times.
We both painted something. This was the first time I’ve used oil paint, so that was cool. He ended up with a pretty great painting. This one is mine and I messed up the mountains near the end. Couldn’t get the knife technique down.
I read Chapters 9-12 and now I’ll finish the tasks! The end is in sight and it feels great to have learned so much.
Got stuck in chapter 8. Had some life issues to work through apparently. Just got back from my Artists Date. Wrote many days this week. Had some syncronicity that should get an award. Putting the best of the artist date events into my gratitude list and off to read.
I really get a chance to do this only on the bus. It works. I’m back to putting my life back together. Always have to redefine what I want.
I have been fixated on chapter 8 for months. I read it again tonight and still wanted to do the exercises yet again. I’m moving on. Fell asleep reading chapter 9.
So what happened today with the symphony was pretty revealing. I got to sit between and 8 year old being given an opportunity that I would have loved at his age, that he didn’t. And on the other side, a woman my age that had to recover from parents that gave her everything. Maybe not having stuff makes it so much more of a treasure when you finally get it.
So I wrote for and hour and avoided being specific. I just made myself responsible even more for my position in life. Realized how important the lists that I make are for me in making my life work. It was hard, but good.
I’m still stopped at Chapter 8 Task 2, reinventing my childhood. I’m totally avoiding this and WOW thats probably significant, wouldn’t you think? I stopped everything rather than deal. Is that a message or what. Maybe I should skip it and move forward like pem1970 . maybe I should isolate for a couple of days and just work it through and make my way through whatever is there in the spooky forest. What scary and painful stuff is there, well I probably should find out and it will either be incredibly painful or just not that bad. Hmmm. I probably will live through it and might even get in a good cry.
1. Just had a great syncronicity. My friend was doing a phone job interview and I ended up talking to the recruiter. I am totally qualified to do something for the company but not the job he was interviewing for.
2. Artist Date. This week I decided to try to write an erotic short story. It was really fun. Realized that my erotic vocab need a little development. The story is important for women.
3. I haven’t been doing morning pages since I started exercising. Only so much free time in the day.
spiraljetty has gotten 31 cheers on this goal.
- uvw cheered this 3 years ago
- Hummingbird Medicine cheered this 3 years ago
- danadoodle cheered this 3 years ago
- brooster cheered this 3 years ago
- bookish cheered this 3 years ago
- Daffer_Kent cheered this 3 years ago
- writingchemistry cheered this 3 years ago
- polarluna cheered this 3 years ago
- dofleinitaZA cheered this 3 years ago
- Jill cheered this 3 years ago
- CookieRa cheered this 4 years ago
- Narguile cheered this 4 years ago
- babybat1524 cheered this 4 years ago
- funnyvalentine cheered this 4 years ago
- Colleen_C_C cheered this 4 years ago
- newsurfiegirl cheered this 4 years ago
- jane cheered this 4 years ago
- pinknkitsch cheered this 4 years ago
- Lisa cheered this 4 years ago
- Luke cheered this 4 years ago
- incendio cheered this 4 years ago