Dear 43 Things Users,

10 years after introducing 43 Things to the world, we have decided we have met our last goal: completing the incredible experience that has been 43 Things. Please join us in giving one last cheer to all the folks who have shared their goals with the world, as well as all the people who have worked at The Robot Co-op to build this incredible website. We won a Webby Award, published a book, and brought happiness to a lot of people.

Starting today, 43 Things users can export their goals and entries from the site. Starting August 15, we will make the site “read only”. 43 Things users will still be able to view the site and export their content, but we won’t be taking any new content from users. We hope to leave the site up for folks to see and download their content until the end of the year. Ending on New Year’s Eve takes us full circle.

It has been a long ride (one of our original goals was to "build a company that lasts at least 2 years” - we beat that one!) While we wish the site could live on, it has suffered from a number of challenges - changes in how people use the site, the advertising industry, and how search engines view the site. We wish the outcome was different – but we’ve always been realistic about when our goals are met and when they aren't.

As of today, you will be able to download your goals and entries. See more about that on the FAQ page. Thanks for 10 great years of goal-setting and achieving.

- The Robots.

Export My Content
FAQ

Ju! in Wasilla is doing 39 things including…

express my(whole)self

3 cheers

 

Ju! has written 3 entries about this goal

good but sort of bad

Ugh. Oh I expressed myself alright. I mean I didn’t curse or anything but I let my bf know I was pissed at something he was doing (or in this case didn’t do). I was suprised at my ease at telling him I was mad. It’s actually getting easier and I didn’t even think of bottling it up. I know this is healthy for me to express myself but it’s so very hard to do when all my life I’ve been brought up to not show anger, pain, or frustration. In fact, my bf actually helps me with this goal. I’d probably still be all wound up if it weren’t for him.



...w/ my bf

I had been holding it in for several weeks actually that I felt neglected and not loved in our relationship. After admitting this to him he said that he was sorry and that nothing could change his love for me. It was partially my fault because I didn’t say right out, “Hey this is how I feel.” It’s not worth it to hold this sort of stuff in. I’ve spent most of my days depressed over this but now that I told him how I feel I feel a lot better.

Eventhough I did express my(whole)self I did not do it when and where I wanted to. So I’m going to leave this goal as something I still need to work on, eventhough I would think communicating w/ him was a very big step in the right direction.



Need to majorly work on this one

I have no problem expressing happiness, partially because that’s what people expect of me. 95% of the time I am content with my life. The other 5% I’m b*tchy and angry, no problem right? Well I just stuff my bad emotions deep down until I can’t handle it anymore and I explode. So my goal with this is to tell people right then and there when I’m pissed off at them or when I feel wronged. And sometimes it has nothing to do with other people, I’ll just be in a bad mood. I need to accept all my moods and not be afraid of showing them. Who cares what other people will think of me? I’m doing what’s healthy for me.



Ju! has gotten 3 cheers on this goal.

  • Jaime cheered this 8 years ago
  • FireRainChild cheered this 8 years ago
  • Stroppy cheered this 8 years ago

 

I want to:
43 Things Login