A syrupy story of a man who loses his corporate job in advertising and gets a job making $10 an hour at Starbucks. I seem to fall into books about guys and their midlife crises. This man cheats on his wife, gets his girlfriend pregnant (he’s 63), gets dumped by her and grows a brain tumor. He finds a job that is actually tougher than expected.
Spyrunner has written 59 entries about this goal
I picked this book up at the library because I thought it would be about the future when machines turn on us, like in the Terminator. Instead it is a well researched book about how computers and phones are easily hacked into, and even how spying on us goes on without our knowledge. Quite interesting. It made me realize how much data is vulnerable.
I have wanted to read this book since it first came out. When he won re-election, I thought it was a good time to pick it up. He is quite passionate, wise and driven. I am not surprised that he is a successful politician. I really enjoyed this book.
I loved this book. It had 93 short chapters on disparate topics such as flying paper airplanes, tribes in business and how to get a good price on Ebay. All chapters are backed up by scientific evidence.
This book was OK. If I didn’t know it was a classic, I would never have guessed it.
A geek fails miserably in a magic contest and seeks out the best magicians over the next year. I loved this book.
Books don’t get much better than this. A girl in Nazi Germany loves books so much that she steals them. A cast of interesting people appear throughout the tale.
Every October I listen to a book on CD that is Halloweenish. I’ve listened to Dracula, Frankenstein, Twilight among other stories. This year I thought I would listen to some Poe. I absolutely hated it. I think it was the really slow reading because he even butchered The Raven, which is one of my favorite poems.
When I worked at the book store, this book was flying off the shelves. Now I understand why, I just loved the book. An old man recounts his early life in the circus. The CD was read by two men, one as a 20 year old and the other at 93.
Spyrunner has gotten 26 cheers on this goal.
- abendlied cheered this 6 months ago
- Celtic Christian cheered this 6 months ago
- dragonfly35 cheered this 6 months ago
- Dip_ a cheered this 7 months ago
- DamiTrice cheered this 8 months ago
- alysse14 cheered this 8 months ago
- sainthood cheered this 10 months ago
- Kristina cheered this 11 months ago
- Michele cheered this 11 months ago
- 943 cheered this 12 months ago
- *Takergirl* cheered this 12 months ago
- maga2010 cheered this 13 months ago
- Pooky cheered this 13 months ago
- proudauzzie cheered this 13 months ago
- seasonsoflove cheered this 13 months ago
- On seas less hideously serene cheered this 14 months ago
- starie cheered this 15 months ago
- nawatramani cheered this 15 months ago
- Ru ~ dig deeper cheered this 16 months ago
- sierrak cheered this 16 months ago
- Donna cheered this 16 months ago