I tried this last night. It was pretty good although I lacked the jalapeno pepper and fresh onion. It was still plenty spicy. My omnivore husband said it was “okay” but my veggie daughter gobbled it up. recipe
www.sodeliciousdairyfree.com/Recipes Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, GMO Free. Try New Recipes From So Delicious®!
www.goveggiefoods.com/ GO Veggie! 0% Dairy, 100% Yum. Say Yes to Cheesy Foods-Get Coupons
www.lightlife.com/recipes Inspire Your Inner Chef With Tasty Veggie Recipes At Lightlife Today!
Ever mindful has written 7 entries about this goal
I tried a vegan recipe for this (but I changed it slightly in keeping with my renewed creative spirit). It was not bad, although I felt it was lacking something – perhaps a bit bland.
I made this on Friday. It was quite tasty and hard to tell it was vegan. Silken tofu was used as the “egg substitute”. I would make it again.
For those who are interested, I am adding the recipe below. Enjoy!
Vanilla Pound Cake with Lime Glaze
Pound cake ingredients:
5 oz silken tofu, drained
2/3 cup sugar
¼ cup canola oil
¼ cup vanilla soymilk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 ½ cups cake flour (I used organic whole wheat pastry flour with good results)
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
Lime glaze ingredients:
1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 tbs lime juice
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Coat 9×5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
2. Blend tofu, sugar, oil, soymilk and vanilla extract in food processor until smooth.
3. Mix together cake flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Fold in tofu mixture. Pour into loaf pan, and bake 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
4. Cool in pan 5 minutes, then unmold and cool on wire rack until just warm.
5. Glaze: Whisk together sugar and lime juice in small bowl until smooth. Drizzle over top of cake. Cool cake completely before serving to allow glaze to set.
These were a recipe I tried for my daughter’s birthday on Saturday. They were very tasty!
Now that cold weather is here, I am more interested in cooking again. I tried this recipe last week with good results, although it was a tad greasier than I expected. I used peanut oil and added black ground pepper.
Last week’s experiment was a recipe I got from Vegetarian Times. It took a bit longer to make than the instructions suggested. I did think they were quite flavorful though and will make them again. Garlicky Grit Cakes
The other day I had grilled vegetables, red potatoes in garlic and olive oil, and sauteed tempeh. It was an accidental vegan meal that I enjoyed thoroughly.
Ever mindful has gotten 10 cheers on this goal.
- Andromeda cheered this 13 months ago
- baj1985 cheered this 5 years ago
- perkyanda cheered this 5 years ago
- MsGillien cheered this 5 years ago
- Christy cheered this 5 years ago
- Emma Jones cheered this 5 years ago
- flowergirlresumed cheered this 5 years ago
- lob cheered this 5 years ago
- Danie Honeybun cheered this 5 years ago
- Rockyontheradio cheered this 6 years ago