Wow…what a whirlwind…why did I decide to try and buy/sell houses in December…oh ya…’cause I’m INSANE!
That and I got thinking of BIG DREAMS and decided to live mine! (Thanks bootcampers!)
1. Christmas was good (except my mom was crazy, but that happens every year!) Made my sis cry with one of my gifts to her and the babies. Very rewarding.
2. Decluttering and moving stuff into storage to try and get our house listed ASAP! Very stressful. Want to vomit and have no appetite.
3. ADDED BONUS…due to the aforementioned stress, I’m down 3 pounds! Takes my closer to my resolution of 150 in 2012!
I think I’ll count this bootcamp done!
Have there been any suggestions yet for a January Bootcamp?
Our conditional offer on the house got accepted…I still want to vomit and I’m not sleeping. Is this normal?
Big Dreams seem to come with a lot of stress!
1. Christmas is sneaking up on me! Still need to finish shopping, pack for Friday trip to my folks, and wrap presents (although that can be done on Saturday, once we’re settled). This house offer situation has slowed down my progress!
2. The hunt for a new house is moving forward. Our offer of Monday got countered yesterday. They put some changes in to the offer, which include moving up the listing of our house. This is VERY stressful, as we need to get our place all spruced up, de-cluttered, and complete some minor repairs…and we’re gone all next week for Christmas! Yikes! Anyhow, we sent back another counter offer last night. Hope to get this signed and sealed by Friday, before we head to my parents.
1. Have most of my Christmas shopping done. Just have to buy for my sis-in-law, niece, cousin, and do the stockings. Heading to my folks on the 23rd. Can’t wait to see my new baby nephews (twins born on Nov. 10th)!!!
2. Now for news on my Huge Dream ...we put an offer in on a house! In just 2 weeks, I decided I wanted to move, got a real estate agent, filled in my hubby on my plan, looked at several houses, and put an offer in! I was thinking about why it’s all happened so fast and realised that I’ve been unhappy in our home for a long time (we outgrew it 5 years ago – it was our “starter home” but we’ve been here 12 years!) December Bootcamp 2011: Dream big, Live now forced me to really access my level of happiness. I think this bootcamp was a bit of an impetus to make a move out of my mental rut. Thanks 43 Things!
My Big Dreams focus seems to be focusing on moving into a new home and enjoying the holiday season. Some progress has been made:
1. Playing Christmas carols now. Got more decorations up at home.
2. Saw 3 more houses last night with the Real Estate agent. Two were not interesting to us, but the 3rd was quite nice! And…they are asking $50,000 less than the other one we liked! It doesn’t back onto woods like the other one we liked, but it’s nice and much more affordable. Very exciting. Also, the agent looked at our place and thinks we can definitely get more than I had thought. I figured we’d get around $200,000. He thinks more like $215,000 – $220,000! All good news. Looking at 3 more on Saturday, with a revisit to our 2 favs!
Feeling stressed! This is not in alignment with my dreams at all.
1. Seeing the real estate agent again tomorrow, but having panic attacks about dealing with the financial end of things (going to the bank for pre-approvement, dealing with debt amounts etc.) I REALLY do want to move, though.
2. Had Book Club last night…a nice time, as usual.
3. Finally hooked up with hubby for some intimate time…had to sneak down to the basement on the couch, as my anxious 8 year old was asleep in our bed! Desperate times call for desperate measures…also another reason we need a bigger house with spare bedroom!
4. Got our tree up and decorated finally!
I have been moving in the direction of some of my BIG DREAMS:
1. We actually met with a real estate agent and saw a house last night…quite liked the house (esp. location and main floor). The basement was a touch disappointing, however. We have decided to look at a few other places and move forward from there.
2. Had a couple drinks with my girlfriends yesterday (before seeing the house)and plan to see another friend tonight…all in the name of stress relief and getting outside my own head. I NEED girlfriend time in my life!
3.Had a date night with my hubby after looking at the house…intimacy was waylaid by our anxious 8 year old who still cries when forced to sleep in her own bed…le sigh.
4. Went Christmas shopping today and have a plan to get our tree tomorrow.
5. I am taking Monday off to try and deal with some stress!
Need to get into a yoga class! This would also help!
OK…it’s time (on the 8th!) to get my head in the game. I have this terrible habit of procrastinating while aiming for perfection…a very bad habit, indeed! So…here it is…
I thought I would start with my dreams (both big and small!)
1. Buy a new house – my home makes me unhappy but my finances are crap. My dream is to move into a bigger home (talk about BIG dreams!) I need to believe that there is a chance for this dream to unfold someday.
2. Enjoy the holiday season, instead of feeling so damn stressed!
3. Feel energized, relaxed and healthy – this is NOT me right now!
4. Experience joy on a daily basis
5. Lose 40 lbs and get into shape (this appears on almost every goal list, at every New Year’s resolution-making session and each month’s bootcamp!)
6. Experience more emotional intimacy with my husband.
Stay tuned for LIVE NOW...I will put this list together daily (or as close as I can get) for the remainder of this month. I do appreciate that this Bootcamp has forced me to reflect on my dreams, rather than solely focus on the day-to-day.
Why I Have Not Started
1. I’m feeling overwhelmed and exhausted.
2. I was away all weekend and not in my usual routine.
3. The title is throwing me off…”Dream Big”...I realise that I don’t really know what my dreams are. This is kind of sad and I don’t really like thinking about it. I’m so lost in the day-to-day drudgery and routine that I’m not dreaming. Often I feel trapped by my life. That’s not to say that I have a terrible life, I should be quick to say. I have a good job, a wonderful family, awesome friends. It’s just that this time of year feels like sheer drudgery.
Well, not that I have got that out of my system…I will try and come up with some goals for this month this morning. I’ll take a break and work and post them.