Heat pump was installed Thursday/Friday – we are done with the energy upgrades! The new furnace and thermostat are very swanky! Now to see what the utility bills look like :)
www.homeadvisor.com/Energy-Audit Schedule Your Home Energy Audit. Get Quotes at HomeAdvisor Today!
www.reeishome.com/ AZ Best Energy Efficient Contractor APS & SRP Qualified Rebate Eligible
www.pgeveryday.com/Energy Want To Natually Have More Energy? Read These Articles For Tips
www.engineeredtaxservices.com/ Tax Deductions For Property Owners with Energy Efficient Buildings
www.energyauditinstitute.com/ Training and Certification without the Classroom for less than $250!
nouvelle jen has written 8 entries about this goal
the air-sealing, duct sealing + insulating and extra 10” of insulation in the attic is done. Next week we get the heat-pump installed and that’s us finished!
and applied for the financing for the whole “project”. Both our local light company and a local energy non-profit are offering really nice incentives/rebates for doing energy upgrades right now. We’re going to get a heat-pump system (and get rid of the 1959 electric furnace), add insulation in the attic, get the ducting sealed and insulated to the new standard, get air-sealing and weather-stripping done. New windows will wait for another year :)
Our old (1999) hot water tank gave up. Paco thinks it might have been the solar flare :) Since we already had the energy-audit guys around we talked about replacement options. Our household is small for hot-water-on-demand so we just got an new hot-water tank, energy-saving, better insulated etc. We got it installed on Friday so we didn’t have to go without hot-water over the weekend. I love civilization.
and our energy-guy is working up the report and a construction proposal. We’ll review his findings in-person probably next Monday. We could’ve seen the results this afternoon but an emergency came up and our guy was called in to help.
For March 8th: 6 – 8 hours! 4 – 6 hours for the audit and approximately 2 hours to review their findings.
along with the payment. Got an email back they’ve received everything and will notify us when the energy audit will be done. Really curious to see what they find and recommend!
Soonest appointment would be end of February. www.sustainableworks.com is mailing me some more forms to fill out prior to scheduling the audit. Some low-interest-rate loans are available for some retrofits!
nouvelle jen has gotten 18 cheers on this goal.
- 943 cheered this 11 months ago
- midev cheered this 11 months ago
- lumpydumpling cheered this 11 months ago
- aka cheered this 12 months ago
- Dreamdancer12 cheered this 12 months ago
- dragonfly35 cheered this 12 months ago
- Straha cheered this 12 months ago
- Celtic Christian cheered this 13 months ago
- Cornucopia cheered this 13 months ago
- octoberclovered cheered this 14 months ago
- runwim cheered this 16 months ago
- seeking~serenity cheered this 16 months ago
- Dolphine1313 cheered this 16 months ago
- La Femme Flâneuse cheered this 16 months ago
- rosewilder cheered this 16 months ago
- x1on cheered this 16 months ago
- inner guru cheered this 16 months ago
- Colleen_C_C cheered this 16 months ago