I belong to four different listservs related to autism and right now my contribution to “spreading awareness” is responding to newcomers to those lists and questions posted. The “create my own website” goal was originally going to be about autism. There were a couple parent websites that were super helpful to me when our son was first diagnosed.
www.massmutual.com/ New study on challenges faced by families living with autism.
www.frontiertravelcamp.com/ Travel for those with Special Needs 2013 Travel to Hawaii & Colorado
www.archiesmarket.com/ Autism & Aspergers Apparel Gifts Save 20% use coupon code: Spectrum
www.learningrx.com/ Brain training can help. Take this free online test for fast answers.
www.babybumblebee.com/Autism Unique DVD series can help your toddler with autism communicate
nouvelle jen has written 2 entries about this goal
Our son Max was diagnosed with autism in November 2005. He has so many other fine characteristics: sense of humor, affectionate, curious, great balance, learns new things very quickly, loves outdoors. . . I want him to think of himself in terms of his strengths and gifts not so-called limitations. Spreading awareness about autism is (to me) important because: parenting is a huge job under any circumstances and it is too easy to become isolated and feel you’re alone when you’ve got the extra responsibility of caring for someone who needs a lot.
nouvelle jen has gotten 167 cheers on this goal.
- knitthis cheered this 1 week ago
- inner guru cheered this 4 months ago
- starie cheered this 5 months ago
- Mike cheered this 7 months ago
- jimrin cheered this 7 months ago
- chaucer1234 cheered this 10 months ago
- dragonfly35 cheered this 12 months ago
- Dead7and_Dreaming cheered this 12 months ago
- octoberclovered cheered this 14 months ago
- seasonsoflove cheered this 14 months ago
- LarissaQuixote cheered this 15 months ago
- runwim cheered this 16 months ago
- galactickim cheered this 17 months ago
- pixie2122 cheered this 17 months ago
- Blessed ♥ cheered this 17 months ago
- Yours Truly, Cate cheered this 17 months ago
- Lanie cheered this 18 months ago
- Nora cheered this 18 months ago
- NualaBuala cheered this 18 months ago
- RubyCheeks cheered this 18 months ago
- Bob1623 cheered this 18 months ago