the environmental impacts of the livestock industry are enormous.
www.computereconomics.com/ 19 industry sectors/sub-sectors. Free Executive Summary.
tamaribu has written 5 entries about this goal
and the Honey Bee Network recognize the creativity of traditional knowledge holders and grassroots innovators and finds ways to insure that the proceeds of their contribution accrue to them.
book: Cheap: The High Cost of Discount Culture (ironically on major sale over at amazon.com)
of air conditioning our office? what might a carbon offset consist of? for the whole thing or on a per person basis.
I’m interested in finding out what the energy consumption is for the HVAC, but especially AC. Maybe this can be a project for class.
the cost of these basics are so deeply discounted. between the spill in the Gulf of Mexico and the war in Iraq, the real costs of oil are nearly unfathomable. and I’m not sure that I, or anyone else, can honestly afford to pay.
besides (or sometimes instead of?) finding ways to consume less, I’m thinking about ways to figure out costs in a more perfect world. then, in a carbon offset kind of way, where might I put my $ that would represent a proportional investment in systemic change?
tamaribu has gotten 12 cheers on this goal.
- StuartieG cheered this 2 years ago
- Bradley Anderson cheered this 2 years ago
- signora oye vey cheered this 2 years ago
- stufaluf cheered this 2 years ago
- DesiF cheered this 2 years ago
- tikini wikini cheered this 2 years ago
- dragonfly35 cheered this 2 years ago
- Anoschen cheered this 3 years ago
- Beth cheered this 3 years ago
- TheSockMonster cheered this 3 years ago
- renewalsh cheered this 3 years ago
- tahetydruk cheered this 3 years ago