More video games and consoles sold today. Slooowly getting there.
www.universalclass.com/ Learn Online, Instructor-Led Course CEU & Certificate - Enroll Today!
try.organizeyourself.com/results! (It's easier than you think...) - Gain 3 hours per day, for life!
the.clutterdiet.com/ "High Calorie Clutter" to avoid Easy, Fun Online Program that works
www.everydayhealth.com/ Learn Causes, Symptoms, Treatment and Prevention on Any Health Issue.
teachocolateandbooks has written 30 entries about this goal
Another 100+ tomes off to be scanned and transformed into pdfs for my iPad. I need to scour the apartment one last time for any books that may be lurking in corners, make one last order, and then by July I should have only 5 or 6 hard copies of books left.
Found a company that does magazine format stuff too, so I might consider doing that.
Friend came over on Wednesday night to pick up a video game console/DVD player. We didn’t ask for any money for it, it seemed like a nice thing to just give it to him.
Today’s decluttering goal: clothes, clothes, clothes…
- prepare bag of books for library
- go through pantry
- take box of random things out of cupboard, go through it
Art supplies are all gathered together; unsure of a box of buttons and assorted accessory parts. Will look around for projects and if I don’t do something with them by this time next month, out they go.
- file away all documents we need to keep
- scan ephemera and magazine pages
- empty files from old computer to external hard drive
- buy CD folders
- throw out bag of rubbish from small balcony
- place next book scan order
- get hold of a big box to hold things we don’t need/want; find homes for contents of box
- get the bag of clothes in the hallway out of the flat
- post office run
Old sheet cut up into rags / old accessories I don’t like out / old bras thrown away / a few stained clothes thrown out / bed moved into new location / a few books added to the next scanning order box
Pondering a few items, whether or not to let them go.
This goal will take another couple of months to complete I think.
On Sunday a toy dealer came and picked up a bunch of collectible Japanese toys my husband had hoarded a few years ago. He got all of his money back, AND had the foresight to hold onto six items that are worth a lot more than what the dealer wanted to pay, so now he can take those ones at leisure to various places and get a better deal. The other 30 odd items are gone, and it’s freed up a massive amount of space.
The dealer also took a couple of portable video game players and games. We also have first generation PSPs and Nintendo DS that simply aren’t worth much at all, so he’ll give them to a friend from work in exchange for lunch. They weren’t worth selling to the dealer.
So. Room that the sofas and toys were removed from (forever! Hooray!) is almost empty except for a bookcase that is slowly being emptied via digitization (paper books to scanned to PDFs, CDs to MP3s, and DVDs to binders), some music gear which is going to be reorganized into a studio/practice corner where our bedroom currently is.
I now need to go through the remaining paperwork and documents and consolidate my husband’s docs with mine, get it reduced to a manageable amount, and get it all in a drawer in a cupboard for easy reference.
More clothes to go out too.
Two great big overwhelming leather sofas were just picked up in exchange for a nice wad of cash. :-)
Three packs of playing cards and a selection of books donated.
Time to put the CDs onto the hard drive. Husband has a plan for the CDs themselves; I think he wants to get rid of the cases and house them in CD binders. He doesn’t want to get rid of the CDs themselves, which is fair enough, they are his and I think that they’ll fit into a couple of binders that’ll be easy to file away. Maybe we could do the same with the DVDs…
Big stack of paperwork recycled, reference materials to work.
Broken and misshapen coathangers out.
More bits and pieces stacked up and ready to find new homes. Getting things out of the door is the hardest part.
I’ve prepared two more boxes of books for scanning; 120 in total. I’ve still got a few more left that I’m undecided about but my bookcase is basically empty.
- a bag of random tins, toys, and other knick-knacks
To do today:
- FINALLY pack up another box of books for scanning and place the order
- pack up a box of loose-leaf documents and find a company to scan them (the book place only does books)
teachocolateandbooks has gotten 33 cheers on this goal.
- marchingtomyownbeat cheered this 1 month ago
- Dreamdancer12 cheered this 1 month ago
- AshaVera cheered this 1 month ago
- wunderland cheered this 1 month ago
- boocupid cheered this 2 months ago
- MMiller0601 cheered this 2 months ago
- eclectic passion cheered this 2 months ago
- johnest cheered this 2 months ago
- VixenSykerd cheered this 3 months ago
- nananaina cheered this 4 months ago
- skittledragon cheered this 5 months ago
- pinch_me cheered this 5 months ago
- Cornucopia cheered this 7 months ago
- oldfatguy cheered this 7 months ago
- Butterfly cheered this 9 months ago
- Katie77 cheered this 9 months ago
- amandaperl cheered this 10 months ago
- swinglifeaway316 cheered this 10 months ago
- wembleyheads cheered this 11 months ago
- Harmless Dilettante cheered this 11 months ago
- colourful soul cheered this 11 months ago