- several samples
- a tube of hand cream
- a bar of Lush soap I had been hoarding because it smells too good and is a limited edition.
- three pens
- two notebooks
Kind of empties:
- been careful about food waste so I have been eating my way through my freezer and the “pantry”, which is actually two big plastic storage drawers in the tatami room.
Pasta, green beans, tempeh, various seeds, nuts, dried fruits, cereals, bread going stale revamped as crunchy garlic toast,etc. The only thing I really need to be careful of now is to not buy more than one fresh soy product at a time as they only keep a week or so and I don’t eat tofu or okara more than once a week.
Put back into use:
- These things fall in and out of favor very fast, but my hand weights and kettlebells are being used daily
- A very nice scented candle from Thann and some Mariage Freres incense
- Bobble water bottle and two SIGG bottles
- Every lip gloss, balm and chapstick I own. I’ve got 5 in my bag and another 5 dotted about the house. Ridiculous, I know.
- Burt’s Bees hand salve and a pot of Lush face cream sit on my desk at work. I’ve been going make-up free at work save for a bit of mascara so that I can moisturize my skin regularly throughout the day. I could do with some foundation coverage to be honest, but my priority is comfortable skin right now.
Soon to be used:
- Going for a crafternoon next weekend at a friend’s house so I’ll be sharing my supplies with everyone. Origami paper, glitter, wrapping paper, ribbons, bows, stickers, washi tape, it’ll be a free for all :-)
A pot of aloe body gel.
Took a bunch of cosmetics to work, it is after all where I spend most of my time…
Also took some herbal teabags that had been hanging around for a while in my cupboard. Started drinking the dandelion tea I bought a year or so ago.
Lots of products finished in the last month including things I’d had for a couple of years: hair mousses and sprays (5 in total, 2 more nearly used up), bath bombs and salts (all of them), face masks.
A couple of soap dispensers are refilled and back in use and the nabe pot has come back out and is in use.
Aside from organizing the kitchen sink cupboard, I think my evening project will be to make little “kits” of useful stuff for my bags and each room. Taking cues from grandmonster putting pens and notebooks in every room.
Things to use that I tend to neglect:
-Shoes, clothes, accessories; that sounds like I’m going around naked. Rather, I’m wearing the same small selection of items every day. I like dressing up, so there’s room to play more each day.
-Craft supplies, art materials;
-Books; so many unread!
-Toiletries and cosmetics; I fluctuate between being angelic and not buying anything, wittling away my stash, and then for unknown reasons buying things I don’t really need.
-My guitar; I love my guitar and I feel very guilty about not practicing.
-Stationery and office supplies; my weakness…
-Kitchen equipment and recipe books; I am officially at my absolute worst when it comes to the home front. I think everyone in my house would be a lot happier if I learn to cook properly.
-Bento boxes; which would mean that I’m actually packing my lunches.
-Exercise equipment; aah. Do I do anything else aside from go to the office and veg out at home? I think not.
Speaking of which, off I go!