I don’t see myself finishing this anytime soon, but I do think the exercises are a great departure point for a future art journal perhaps.
this is just a test has written 23 entries about this goal
the cap from a bottle of Act mouthwash
highlighters, ballpoint pen, staples
celery that looks like a rose
add your own page numbers
crack the spine
leave this page blank on purpose
stand here (wipe your feet, jump up and down)
pour, spill, drip, spit, fling your coffee HERE.
poke holes in this page using a pencil.
draw fat lines and thin. pushing really hard with the pencil.
this page is for HANDPRINTS or fingerprints. get them dirty then press down.
press leaves and other found things.
scratch using a sharp object
do some rubbings with a pencil
tear strips, rip it up!
glue, staple, or tape these pages together
draw lines while in motion. on the bus, on the train, while walking.
chew on this. *warning: do not swallow.
wrap something with this page.
write one word over and over.
tie a string to the spine of this book. swing wildly. let it hit the walls.
pick up the journal without using your hands.
climb up high. drop the journal.
compost this page, watch it deteriorate.
do a really ugly drawing, (use ugly subject matter: gum, poo, dead things, a badly drawn bird, mold, barf, crud.)
place sticky things here.
1. tear out page. crumple into a ball.
2. place journal into a triangle shape.
3. hit.kick the ball through the triangle.
make a paper chain.
cover this page using only office supplies.
bring this book in the shower with you.
tie a string to the journal. go for a walk, drag it.
rub here with dirt.
use this as a test page for pens, paints, markers, or art supplies.
drip something here. (ink, paint, tea) close the book to make a print.
a place for your grocery lists.
collect the stamps off of all our mail.
trace the things in your bag (or pockets) let the lines overlap.
cover this page with white things.
scribble wildly using only borrowed pens. (document where they were borrowed from.)
make a sudden, destructive, unpredictable movement with the journal.
make a mess, clean it up.
doodle over the top of:
the title page
the copyright page
fold down the corners of your favorite pages.
page of good thoughts.
make prints using an ink pad and cut vegetables.
ask a friend to do something destructive to this page. dont look.
write carelessly now.
glue random items here. (things you find in your couch, on the street, etc.)
cut through several layers.
infuse this page with a smell of your choosing.
color outside of the lines.
hang the journal in a public place. invite people to draw here.
collect your pocket lint.
draw with glue.
sample various substances found in your home. document what color they are. create color themes.
document a boring event in detail.
create a drawing using pieces (or several pieces) of your hair.
glue in a photo of yourself you dislike. DEFACE.
draw lines using abnormal writing utensils dipped in ink or paint. (sticks, spoons, twist ties, comb, etc.)
fill in this page when you are really angry.
write or draw with your left hand.
find a way to wear the journal.
create a nonstop line.
space for negative comments.
foam tipped brushes + liquid acrylics
this is just a test has gotten 23 cheers on this goal.
- vivacekate cheered this 19 months ago
- Amber FitzPatrick cheered this 20 months ago
- Lisa cheered this 23 months ago
- hardyharr cheered this 2 years ago
- VioletMyst still believes that Unusual traveling instructions are dancing lessons from God cheered this 2 years ago
- amayana cheered this 2 years ago
- amartin9311 cheered this 2 years ago
- sweet_disposition cheered this 2 years ago
- signora oye vey cheered this 2 years ago
- Sampha cheered this 2 years ago
- butohdancer cheered this 2 years ago
- qglas cheered this 2 years ago
- Born of Stardust cheered this 2 years ago
- Cherry87 cheered this 2 years ago
- •≫Aemorniel≪• cheered this 2 years ago
- julettaskey cheered this 2 years ago
- Chatoyant cheered this 2 years ago
- SpinCycle cheered this 2 years ago
- Tartsy cheered this 2 years ago
- TheSquirrelsSatchel cheered this 2 years ago
- PCAB cheered this 2 years ago