...Working with SG, interviewing students for a coop position. He reminded me of the core values of public service, the ones that inspired me to join and the ones that will continue to motivate me well in my career. It was refreshing to remember that not all is bleak and cynical (like my immediate colleagues would have me believe) and that there are true gentlemen left in the world and particularly in the bureaucracy. So inspired! And while I still don’t know what I want to do yet (specifically), I now know how I want to do it: with integrity.
tribute_to_erasmus has written 3 entries about this goal
So I received a call this morning asking me if I can start work next Monday. Obviously, I said yes! I’m a little weary, it still is a government job, and we all know how those are. I hope I can keep my spirits up long enough to hopefully prosper and maybe even advance. All government offices can’t be pits of doom. I hope.
It’s work in my field, which is nice, and something I once said I wouldn’t mind doing. This could be a nice fresh start, as long as everything goes well with the mountains of paperwork I need to fill out to even be considered (although the director has expressed a keen interest in hiring me).
It may or may not be work I love, I don’t know yet. But how will I know unless I try?
tribute_to_erasmus has gotten 19 cheers on this goal.
- mwink cheered this 5 months ago
- Miguel Gutierrez cheered this 12 months ago
- isthisfate cheered this 2 years ago
- TeenyBean cheered this 2 years ago
- gitana17 cheered this 2 years ago
- Tartsy cheered this 2 years ago
- Douglas cheered this 2 years ago
- Lanie cheered this 2 years ago
- besidequietwaters cheered this 2 years ago
- Sand_Man cheered this 2 years ago
- etoilefilante cheered this 2 years ago
- Katy cheered this 2 years ago
- love2u cheered this 3 years ago
- Digitally Personified (heterotically degenerated) cheered this 3 years ago
- RM cheered this 3 years ago
- VIIXVIIIIIIIV cheered this 3 years ago
- LunacyBleeding cheered this 3 years ago
- Denis27 cheered this 3 years ago
- Iovis cheered this 3 years ago