I have completed this challenge with several days to go. I doubted myself for a while on getting it done in the time I had specified, but it is done and I am ready to move onto any books I want to read, without having to read particular letters.
Kat has written 32 entries about this goal
Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone – J.K. Rowling.
Quick, easy, fun read. :) I’ve read it many times before but I was running out of time so read it again.
Haunted: A Novel – Chuck Palahniuk
Awesome. I love his writing and the amusing things he writes about. The stories were pretty cool as was the rest of it. :)
Child of the Owl – Laurence Yep
A book about some girl who has to live with her grandmother in china town. Not the best book but as I needed a Y one this was it.
Only R to go!
The It Girl – Cecily von Ziegesar
Close enough to a Z name, after ignoring the von. I didn’t have all that much choice in the matter. A pretentious teen read about a whole lot of teens who drink and bitch about people and it all seemed a bit fake to me. Other than that I would say it was worth consuming, only because I am possession of a Palahniuk novel and my mood is high.
R, P, Y to go!
Palm Sunday – Kurt Vonnegut
Interesting story of part of his life, considering it was written years ago. Also, quite an interesting interview included in here of him being interviewed by a journalist. Witty and intriguing.
R, S, Y, Z left to go. Will begin Z now.
I have 20 or so days to complete this challenge, me thinks it can be done!
The Ivy Chronicles – Karen Quinn
A fairly good chick-lit read. Not much choice when it comes to Q, but this one was alright. Amusing and interesting.
R, S, V, Y, Z left to go
days left in my challenge to read six books!
Can it be done?
Hopefully! Must dedicate some more time to reading on the bus, that’ll add at least an extra half hour of reading.
Driving Miss Daisy: A Play – Alfred Uhry
Short but sweet book. A good book for U, if you library has it. Only 50 pages long but it still counts.
Left to go: P, Q, R, V, Y, Z.
Alexander McCall Small – The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency
Stephanie Tolan – Surviving the Applewhites
Both great books, though for different reasons.
Letters left are P, Q, R, U, V, Y, Z.
Only seven and have started Palm Sunday by Vonnegut.
Uglies – Scott Westerfeld
An interesting concept and a fairly good teen read. I’ll probably read the next two in the series because it would be interesting to know what will happen next.
Kat has gotten 56 cheers on this goal.
- Lisa cheered this 5 years ago
- Johan van der Merwe cheered this 5 years ago
- doesthatmakeme cheered this 5 years ago
- Cresida cheered this 5 years ago
- Zanna Campanula cheered this 5 years ago
- CloudyBlue cheered this 5 years ago
- diamondlightfoot cheered this 5 years ago
- oldmanctriver cheered this 5 years ago
- yublocka cheered this 5 years ago
- Kimberly cheered this 5 years ago
- frigginbadwords cheered this 5 years ago
- coconutgirl83 cheered this 5 years ago
- feierabend cheered this 6 years ago
- bookish cheered this 6 years ago
- Curlychaos cheered this 6 years ago
- Teapartea cheered this 6 years ago
- 20VT cheered this 6 years ago
- Alecto cheered this 6 years ago
- Ylinestra cheered this 6 years ago
- donna816 cheered this 6 years ago
- Cowles Clarissa cheered this 6 years ago