I’ve started to mentally list my gratitudes for the day during bedtime. As I fall asleep, I recap all the good things that happened during the day and why they were great. It’s a wonderful way to drift off to sleep.
This goal was instrumental in getting me to notice all the good that occurs throughout my day.
1. Snow day! Staying in and watching movies and eating chocolate ice cream.
2. Having thoughtful books to read.
3. A fantastic night’s rest.
4. Experimenting with the feeling of letting go.
5. Looking forward to 2012.
For these last few days of 2011 I want to remember what I’m most grateful for this year.
1. I learned to let go and flow with my life.
2. Becoming more adventurous with exploring Toronto’s culinary scene.
3. Meeting J. and several other people – who show me what kindness looks like.
4. Taking the first steps to financial health.
5. Learning to accept myself as I am.
1. I’m grateful for my new boots – I love them.
2. I’m grateful for feeling more genuinely myself.
3. Fun movies to watch.
4. Walking in sunshine yesterday afternoon.
5. I’m still on holiday!
1. I’m grateful for a wonderfully relaxing and enjoyable Christmas day.
2. Looking forward to the week ahead.
3. Feeling happy and relaxed.
4. Much needed new boots.
5. Yummy food.
1. I got the main things I wanted at the mall and got out just in time before the crowds showed up.
2. Nice, helpful sales people at the mall.
3. I still have money left on my giftcards.
4. Wonderful food and wonderful people.
5. New magazines to read.
1. Experiencing life without my inner critic is astoundingly good.
2. Tomorrow: I’m on holidays!
3. A quiet, yet challenging day at work.
4. I got $400 in giftcards and can’t wait to spend it!
5. Looking forward to another fun day.
1. Experiencing life without the internal drama. I feel an amazing amount of energy and motivation now that it’s not used for inner conflicts.
2. Golden poinsettias. It looks fantastic in my shiny, bright red planter.
3. Realizing that everything is just feedback.
4. Two more days until my holiday begins!
5. Feeling energized.
1. Challenging myself and succeeding at doing something I’ve feared my whole life: public speaking! I did it and I’m going to do it again today.
2. 3 more days and I’m officially on holidays.
3. Finally understanding what it means to flow with the waves of my life.
4. Meeting kind, new people.
5. Waking up alert and ready to start the day!
1. Pomegranates. Simply delicious.
2. A wonderful long weekend that I fully enjoyed.
3. All the wonderfully supportive people in my life.
4. Sunshine. Marvelous.
5. Books that inspire and propel me forward.