I changed this from “invent new recipes” to eat better, but the recipes would be a part of that anyway. I’m hoping to restructure my diet to meet these new goals. They may sound a little weird, but I have good reasons. This entry is just to remind me why I need to do this.
1. Minimize added sugar – no soft drinks, nothing made from corn syrup, and any cake/cookie should be made from scratch, possibly using Agave instead of sugar. Why? Because added sugar spikes my GI, makes me tired and destroys my skin.
2. More vegetables – more salads, and more of the vegetables I like and that make me feel better. Why? Because it makes me less tired.
3. More Omega-3’s – flax seed, and those oils that are really good for it. Why? Because they make me able to think clearer.
4. More multivitamins – More vitamin D, more calcium, more Iron, more Potassium, Magnesium. Why? Because the trade-off to restricting my diet is I’m already deficient in these.
5. Less caffiene – I always think I need it in the morning, and then I can’t sleep.
I think that’s it.