outside of the university is what I will be doing for the next couple of months. I’m happy someone called up and asked for my help on this goal. Yippeee! I’m excited again!
venusian has written 8 entries about this goal
I woke up early this morning as usual, took the camera and went outside for some inspiring subjects. I had loads although I wasn’t sure if they were good.
Anyway, when I came back, I saw a banner hanged just outside of the gate of our guest house where I currently live, it said, “We are welcoming you participants for the 3rd International TEA Processing Seminar at HAU.”
I remember last year, I was also dying to join but I had classes. This time, I should not miss it. YAY! I am lucky!
Tomorrow, we’ll start at 8:30.
This morning after breakfast, my former supervisor was insistently knocking at my door. I opened the door and let her in. She was looking lovelier than ever as she walked in. We chatted for a while about my recent trips and she mentioned that I could fly to Singapore from Guangzhou for only 300 yuan or 700 back and forth, goodness, cheap! If only I had an account, well this is the sad side of it. :0(
Anyway, here are some great news!
1. She’s asking if I know of someone who’s interested to teach at the International College. I told her that I will try to find one for her. So to all of you out there who have the passion for teaching and are willing to be assigned here for a year, please don’t hesitate to apply.
Here’s her email address pls: Linda6022@sina.comWANTED FOREIGN TEACHER
2. She told me that I was being invited by her college to handle Spoken English classes to some of her students on weekends starting this coming term. YAY! Why not? I need the money!hehe
3. She has a 7-year old boy and he needs a tutor. She was asking if I could be one. Why not? I love kids and I’m sure this will be fun!
Thank God for the blessings and for the opportunities. I really need to earn more so I can push through with some of my goals here.
so far so good..
The kids are so intelligent and artistic!
The office called and asked if I would be interested in teaching children in a nearby elementary school from July 15th until the 25th. I immediately said YES! Yehey! Isn’t it great??
Oh well, I worked hard for it hehe. Hmm I just finished a 1 1/2 hour lecture. I’ll have another one on Wednesday next week s000 it means 200 yuan again! Yeheyy!!
...and Saturday means shopping day!!!!
I started my tutorials last week-end and am happy to say, it was a success at least to me as their teacher. I felt successful because I am able to mingle with a bunch of Hybrid Rice experts who will be staying in Liberia to conduct a training next month. This is such a breakthrough just knowing them! And what’s more, they are so eager to learn and I love that feeling when they would put a lot of efforts doing the roleplays I assigned to them. There’s a bit of language difficulty but the big thing is that, they have developed that passion for this language and that is what counts most for me as their mentor.
I had turned some down months ago. Now I got a new offer from a research institute to train and teach experts about basic English for 3 consecutive weekends starting Sat. I immediately said yes!
venusian has gotten 25 cheers on this goal.
- Sarah - spunky the pop monkey cheered this 7 years ago
- icot cheered this 7 years ago
- gypsiewriter thinks life is beautiful cheered this 7 years ago
- Nicole cheered this 7 years ago
- ~*Serenity*~ cheered this 7 years ago
- Beaulotus has been away for a long time cheered this 7 years ago
- joeyanna cheered this 7 years ago
- Ninawills cheered this 7 years ago
- Dave cheered this 7 years ago
- Randi Roux!!! cheered this 7 years ago
- dancingn27 cheered this 7 years ago
- Living In God's Exquisite, Miraculous Sufficiency cheered this 7 years ago
- inteligencia cheered this 7 years ago
- JessicaS cheered this 7 years ago
- sitio cheered this 7 years ago
- pfeffy hopes she's back to 43T cheered this 7 years ago
- ooooh, widgets!!! cheered this 7 years ago
- cosmopolitan cheered this 7 years ago
- roseha cheered this 7 years ago
- James Wang cheered this 7 years ago
- DesertFlower cheered this 7 years ago