Even though we have made great strides to pay down a great deal of our mortgage over the past 3 years, we still have 3 1/2 years to go before this goal will be completed. Living on one income for awhile while my spouse was looking for a full-time job was quite a struggle, but it taught us to start being much more careful with how we spend our money. There is always a lesson learned with each challenge that we face.
www.quickenloans.com/Mortgage Historically Low Rates Can Help Lower Your Payment. Call Us Today!
www.greenlightloans.com/ Call Now Before Rates Increase. 2.75APR, 10 Yr Fixed, No Closing $!
www.chase.com/mortgage Prequalify Today and Lock In a Low Rate. Plus, Get Cash Back!
www.smartequitysales.com/ Mortgage, Debt Elimination Program Simple Program - Call Us Today!
mortgagecalculator.bankrate.com/ Easy-To-Use Mortgage Calculator Does the Work for You! Plus Rates.
Waynesworld has written 2 entries about this goal
We might be able to get our house paid off in a little under 4 years! yayyy! Looking forward to that and paying off our other debts and then start thinking about retirement. ;)
What disappoints me is that if we had been a little more prudent and thrifty over the past 10 years, we could have had the mortgage just about paid off by now. My spouse being laid off from her job, after 28 years of service, was not part of the plan. Plus, we didn’t know it would take her a full 3 1/2 years to find another full-time job. Her current salary is nowhere near what she used to make, but we are able to get by.
I also want to financially continue to help my sons with their post-secondary education, which is so expensive these days. Also, the Ontario Student Loan process assumes that parents are going to fund a large proportion of student tuition and living expenses. We have to divulge our income so that the student loan people can determine how much money they are willing to loan to my sons, sigh. It is such a relief to have two incomes again in our household.
Three years ago, I worked almost 400 hours of overtime to try to help make ends meet. It’s so easy to burn yourself out that way.
Waynesworld has gotten 39 cheers on this goal.
- gyp1lady cheered this 8 months ago
- Ru ~ dig deeper cheered this 13 months ago
- . cheered this 14 months ago
- seasonsoflove cheered this 15 months ago
- Spatz cheered this 15 months ago
- bethieb cheered this 15 months ago
- starie cheered this 15 months ago
- Shaylaine cheered this 15 months ago
- octoberclovered cheered this 16 months ago
- Smiling to myself today... cheered this 16 months ago
- smorris cheered this 16 months ago
- mwink cheered this 16 months ago
- Leezel cheered this 16 months ago
- gilloulalal cheered this 17 months ago
- Holly cheered this 17 months ago
- aka cheered this 17 months ago
- Pete cheered this 17 months ago
- 943 cheered this 17 months ago
- kendrafortune cheered this 17 months ago
- Pooky cheered this 18 months ago
- bluefish0526 cheered this 18 months ago