Waynesworld in Ontario is doing 27 things including…

stop procrastinating

182 cheers

 

Sponsored Links

Stop Procrastinating

www.buddyhive.com/     Buddy Up And Get Stuff Done Feel Proud About Your Achievements

Overcome Procrastination

www.captureddiscipline.com/     Lock up what tempts you so you can get to work. Time-lock safe will

Stop to Quit Procrastinating

www.simpletruths.com/     Simple Truths® Inspirational Books. Free eBook With Code: VMEBK52013

To Avoid Procrastination

www.wow.com/To+Avoid+Procrastination     Search for To Avoid Procrastination Look Up Quick Results Now!

Stop Procrastination

www.amazon.com/Books     Stay Ahead of the Curve with Business and Investing Books

Overcome Procrastination

www.todoinstitute.com/     Master the art of taking action using Morita Therapy principles.

Waynesworld has written 9 entries about this goal

Going to retire this one...

I’m going to let my other related goal, “Finish what I start,” take over for this one. I think it’s more positive and the way I want to do things. :) I’m great at starting things, but need a push to finish up, lol.



Lots not done today.

A nice weather day and I didn’t take advantage of it to go to our trailer and clean the outside of it. Just not feeling 100%.



Noticed a reduction in available hot water.

Lately, I’ve noticed that our hot water runs out in no time, when a few of us are taking showers, for example. Yesterday morning, I was only the second shower and only had the water on for 2 minutes, when I started to lose hot water!! I decided not to wait on this issue any longer and I called our hot water tank rental provider yesterday and received confirmation that the tank is 15 years old and arranged for a service tech to come out and have a look at it. The tech showed up tonight and was very friendly with us and funny, too. He was in and out in 5 minutes and said, “I’m here to confirm that your tank is old.” They are going to call me tomorrow to arrange for a time to install a new tank, probably a 50 gallon size, instead of our current 40 gallon unit.

I was doing some research on hot water tanks and some say that tanks only last 10 to 12 years and others say they sometimes last over 20 years. As I said, ours is now over 15 years old and I figure with teenagers in the house for the past 8 years or so, 15 years of tank lifetime is pretty good. ;)

Anyone have any thoughts on this? I also saw that there is a new type of “instant” hot water device, but it is a lot more expensive than the traditional style of tank. Ours is gas heated, which apparently doesn’t last quite as long as the electric tanks.



ok, ok...

I know, we’ve received our first snowfall and I still haven’t put away the backyard hose or some of our outdoor garden furniture yet, lol.



Thoughts on this...

When I think about it, there is not a lot that I procrastinate on, maybe 20% of activities and things to do. The other 80% of the time, I get things done right away. I guess I’m not so bad at this as I thought! (lol)

We noticed today that Buster has a lot of redness in one ear and he has an appointment with the vet first thing tomorrow morning. He probably has another ear infection.



Putting off things is too much of a habit...

I should have driven my motorcycle to the bike garage this afternoon, to store it for the winter. We’ve had exceptionally warm weather here, but I see that it’s going to come to an end next week. I hope I didn’t wait too long to do this.



Missed out on two films.

I wanted to see the new Star Trek and Angels and Demons at the theatre, but they have both stopped playing. :( I waited too long. Now I’ll have to wait for them to come out on DVD. Something about this procrastination thing…



Finally took the Volvo in for service...

The old Volvo’s cooling system was leaking, plus there were a few other fixits needed like the passenger side mirror, so I arranged to bring the car in to the garage yesterday. Turns out that the water pump needed replacement, big labour charges, ugh.

So while they had everything out of the way in the engine compartment, my Volvo service buds changed the timing belt too and one other belt and a radiator hose. Those rubber timing belts are good for at least 75,000 km, so I don’t have to worry about that in the Volvo for a long time.
My own car has a metal timing belt that is good for 200,000 km, I think.

Now, after the car repairs, I’m in the poorhouse, but my 17 year-old is happy that the Volvo is back to “ship-shape” driving condition. ;)



Got our income taxes all done and filed online.

Usually, I procrastinate and wait until the Canadian filing deadline of April 30. Not this year, though. I’m pleased that I was able to take care of this sooner this year. However, I’m not getting as much back as a refund as I thought, so it’s not all sweetness. Oh well! ;)



Waynesworld has gotten 182 cheers on this goal.

 

I want to:
43 Things Login