i practice my happiness manifesto daily as it is, just revelling in all my blessings and the wonders of life that come my way.
there are smiles, but there are also the hard lessons in disquise, the challenges that become opportunities, and the tough little weeping heartbreaks that make me wiser and stronger. all those are speckles of colorful jewels in my personal daily happiness manifesto, as i fall asleep recounting my day, week, month, sometimes my whole life up till now.
today i’m grateful for the following in particular:
- how easy the extraction of my last wisdom tooth was, and that there were no complications nor pain after the freezing wore off
- the best game of volleyball i had last night, despite the dental surgery earlier that day
- my ability to change and b what i want to b, my personal strength and my executive command of my pants
- my integrity and courage to b vulnerable, even if that means possible hurt at the end of the road
- that my life, despite setbacks that nearly break my peace of mind so often, always appears to b getting better
- that my friend pierre, aka the grumpy frenchman, has been changing so much lately, and it makes my heart smile when i see him developing and becoming a greater human being
- the music. always, everywhere, forever
- that you guys are fighting for your happiness, writing these entries and keeping your heads above water
- my unbreakable faith that things will ALWAYS work out, no matter how hard a particular challenge may b
i thank u for your inspiring companionship in this goal, comrades, and wish u all the best!
i’ve spent a lot of time over the weekend outside in the sun, reconnected with a whole bunch of friends and my sister. i feel like a million bucks right now! it’s the kind of feeling that life’s just starting all over again, and the gas tank is full.
joe has just come over to tell me that he’d won a 6-day trip worth 7,700 usd to phoenix, arizona, and he’s considering taking me with him! i’d finally fly over the grand canyon, and get spoiled rotten with decadent surroundings and massages!
i’ve also been talking to my sista every day for the past 4 days, today with a massive photo incoming stream, and we’re very close again.
there’s solid ground under my feet and i’m feeling fine. hope the sunny weather stays for a while.
life is gooooood…
well, actually, pigs are clean animals and they are not happy in sh##. at least that’s what my buddy jo is telling me.
but i’m as happy as iwona who had a productive day yesterday.
- office touchdown time: 8:26 am yesterday, today: 8:30 am.
- i’ve finally gathered all the info i need to declare my school program.
- i completed all the tasks i assigned myself for yesterday, even though it was a long list and i really had to keep focused.
- the day at work was absolutely painless.
- i’m ahead of the game with school stuff.
- i’ve finally managed to install my new DVD burner, swap all drives between my two PCs, and i broke only one nail in the process.
- i burnt all my mp3 files on DVDs.
- i’ve managed to open up one of the movies my lovely sista mailed me, and even though it was in french (which i don’t really understand), i enjoyed it. the movie is “rrrrrr” – i highly recommend the movie for its original sense of humor: the flintstones meet monty python meet woody allen.
- jo is a friend of mine, and man, he just really makes my life so much more fun!
- my muscles hurt less after last thursday’s kick-boxing.
- i have FAITH.
- my vividly curious mind never fails to keeps me entertained.
kudos to everyone on the planet (especially 43thingers)
- i completed my 3 workouts,
- got to work at 8:26 am TWICE,
- submitted my event planning term project and two submissions for my PR course
- found my lost workout pants
- went out with the girls on saturday night and had good sober fun
- woke up and jumped out of the skytrain only one station past mine and then really enjoyed the walk back home in the middle of saturday night
- the skunk i bumped into in the middle of the night did not spray me
- the pasta i made with lamb meat was SO delicious
- i’ve started spring-cleaning my wardrobe closet, it’s so great to have all this space there now!
und the list goes on and on, but those are the highlights!
the good things that i’m greatful for are the following:
i got to talk to my sister (oh, she’s such a darling)
*i got to talk to the wizard of light and reposition things to our mutual advantage
*i realized that to each problem there is at least one solution.
*i watched some tv, and i enjoyed it immensely
*i had a glass of wine with my interestingly improvized dinner(yeah, original is invigorating!)
*i still have enough wine left to have with my dinner tonight
i have finally submitted my term project for the event planning class
*my life is smooooth sailing at the office
*i’m lucky to have a job that allows me to do some of my school work at the office
*this morning was absolutely xquisitely perfect outside, with the sun shining, hardly any cloud in the sky, and cherry blossoms slightly peaking out of their sheaths
yeah, the list goes on and on, but i don’t want u folks to waste your time reading my documentaries on here.
hope everyone is having a vundabar day!
u guys rock: poetry, arms wrapped around u as u fall asleep, breakfast with da wife etc… very cute.
i have the following on my goodness/ reasons to feel good/ happiness, or whatever, list:
1. i did the teaser campaign sample for my event project, it’s final and i won’t have to change it
2. touch-down time at the office: 8:27 am, 3 minutes BEFORE the target time
3. today is my sister’s birthday, i hope to talk to her tonight
4. i know that tomorrow after 4 pm i shall b free from school like a bird (for about an evening)
5. i just got a good idea that i want to share with rob and tokyo, and whoever else will read it
6. it’s only thursday and i’ve already been to the gym 2x this week
7. my buddy joe, who never fails to make me smile and always warms up my heart
is this enough, folks?
so – we just share and bask in the glory of our collective pool of happiness?
is this how it works?
from the post i got it from (thank u saafir):
1. Get physical. Exercise for half an hour three times a week.
2. Count your blessings. At the end of each day, reflect on at least five things you’re grateful for.
3. Talk time. Have an hour-long uninterrupted conversation with your partner or closest friend each week.
4. Plant something. Even if it’s a window box or pot plant. Keep it alive!
5. Cut your TV viewing by half.
6. Smile at and/or say hello to a stranger. At least once each day.
7. Phone a friend. Make contact with at least one friend or relation you have not been in contact for a while and arrange to meet up.
8. Have a good laugh at least once a day.
9. Every day make sure you give yourself a treat. Take time to really enjoy this.
10. Daily kindness. Do an extra good turn for someone each day.
my score on the initial Authentic Happiness Index
test is 88. let’s see if i can do better.