I’m currently filling out my application online for that. It’ll be a temporary, but if all goes well, I’ll have a permanent one there too.
cps.regis.edu/Masters-Degree Earn An Accredited Master's Degree. Accelerated 5 & 8 Wk Courses
www.post.edu/Online Earn your degree w/ a reputable online university - Request info!
www.waldenu.edu/ Begin The New Year With An Online Education At Walden University.
www.worldcampus.psu.edu/ Penn State World Campus - Online Masters Degrees-Leader in Education
www.harrington.edu/HarringtonCollege Get Inspired-Pursue Your Passions. Study Design at Harrington College!
wraiths82 has written 5 entries about this goal
currently though if I were to go for master’s here at FAU, I found out a few things.
If I were to go it’s a 36 credit program, so that’s 12 classes if each one is 3 credits. One class is (according to a friend) $758. Logically thinking, then, to get my master’s would be something along the lines of $9096. That’s just tuition. There are books to add on, travelling cost and sadly, the chance tuition will go up.
Food for thought ….like my brain isn’t full enough yet right?
1. Should I stay or should I go from FL? Only people still left are my folks and my niece & ex-bro-in-law. However supposedly the niece & ex bro-in-law may be moving in a few months. That’ll leave just folks. I’ve lived here basically all my life..would I make out ok elsewhere?
2. Should I stay and go ahead try for the teaching thing that if I earn it, gives me $10k on top of my teacher’s salary? That is something I could do, as another teacher on my team has done this and has been helping others go through it. Might be a good idea and then I could teach elsewhere in the USA with no problem.
3. Should I hang out this year, and get stuff in order to see if I should go to Washington state and teach there? As that’s where the person I’m involved with is and I do like the climate there….just my folks aren’t there. Should I feel this attached to them?
4. Should I go ahead and try for my Masters degree while still here, as the colleges are conveniently close by?
5. Make sure I’m still meeting requirements for teaching here and go for the teaching thing that another teacher told me about at the college? It’d mean a few hours after working at school, but I’d have holidays, and weekends off and be making $20 an hour. Set the money aside for the land in Maine for improvements and use it to pay off my loans/credit card debts.
If anyone has anything they think might be better or an opinion please share it. This is what is swirling around on my mind most of the time.
I am so happy currently not to be a student. I never thought I’d enjoy being a teacher as much as I do right now. Even with my bad days. I miss college a bit because it’s so ..quiet there! I don’t miss term papers and running to class trying not to be late or not missing a single class though. I know I’ll go back just not looking forward to it as much anymore.
I might join the Peace Corps if they’ll let me so I don’t pay for all of my masters degree. Or I could stay here in Florida a little longer and go back to my old university, Florida Atlantic University for my masters. I think this county pays back some for whatever you learn. I should check into this….
wraiths82 has gotten 60 cheers on this goal.
- seasonal cheered this 19 months ago
- welpke cheered this 3 years ago
- clare90 cheered this 3 years ago
- fritopia cheered this 3 years ago
- dragonfly35 cheered this 3 years ago
- moira123 cheered this 3 years ago
- trajektoria cheered this 3 years ago
- Triniprincess cheered this 4 years ago
- Douglas cheered this 4 years ago
- StupendaFanciulla cheered this 4 years ago
- kaylarobertson cheered this 4 years ago
- coheeriesspark cheered this 4 years ago
- Logophile cheered this 4 years ago
- Karrieon cheered this 4 years ago
- G0tj3nn? cheered this 4 years ago
- Smiling to myself today... cheered this 4 years ago
- Luda cheered this 4 years ago
- RagazzaRaffinata cheered this 4 years ago
- steven02345 cheered this 4 years ago
- Pete cheered this 4 years ago
- Cephlapod cheered this 4 years ago