I signed up to counselling and had my first session this week. This is my first step towards building my resilience and taking control. Soon I’ll be reinforcing what I think and backing myself up rather than putting up with people who make me feel small.
zuzesoo has written 2 entries about this goal
I am so sick of blindly agreeing to other people and reserving my opinion when I have just as much right to voice it as anyone else. The most annoying thing is that when anyone is rude to me I just kill them with kindness…hang on a minute shouldn’t we be on a level playing field? Also I seem to have no middle ground, either I’m really laid back and seemingly not bothered or I’m really rageful! I need to be able to get my point of view across in a calm controlled manner, where people won’t question me or undermine me and see that what I am saying makes sense.
I guess it’s not something that will happen over night but it is something I would love to work on, and try to concentrate on the times that I do speak up rather than focusing on when I fail.
zuzesoo has gotten 14 cheers on this goal.
- Lune Fromage: Born of Stardust cheered this 4 months ago
- RenCha cheered this 7 months ago
- wunderland cheered this 7 months ago
- skittledragon cheered this 8 months ago
- wembleyheads cheered this 14 months ago
- thelightfuntastic cheered this 19 months ago
- kathybacon cheered this 20 months ago
- Worn0utSmiles cheered this 21 months ago
- irishka3 cheered this 21 months ago
- YellowFox cheered this 22 months ago
- TrueToMe25 cheered this 22 months ago
- Zorea cheered this 2 years ago
- Dreamer7787 cheered this 2 years ago
- firefly1818 cheered this 2 years ago