It was funny. Difficult (juice got everywhere) but it was yummy!
Bananatune's Life List
1. move to Sweden
2. eat healthier
3. feel beautiful
4. bring back my imagination
5. start trusting the people who matter
6. learn how to draw all the things I want to draw
7. learn more about excel
8. have a pet turtle
9. have a fish tank
10. stop procrastinating
11. Read more
12. Write more
13. start drawing again
14. make a cookbook
15. get my driver's license
16. actually stop caring about things that don't matter
17. Learn another language
18. stop being so jealous
19. stop overthinking things
20. exercise more
21. be happier
22. be happy with how I look
23. graduate college
24. find a way to cure my allergies
25. stop comparing myself to others
26. Visit Japan
27. visit New Zealand
28. Visit Italy
29. choreograph a dance with a friend
30. finally get over what happened
31. get rid of my bad habits
32. identify 100 things that I like about myself
33. learn more about computers
How I did it: I really didn't think too much. I also kinda cheated and didn't pick sides for some of the questions, partially because I'm a "on-the-fence" type of person when it comes to debates. I really liked some of the questions... I would love to bring them up in some of my conversations.It's not really super worth it, but it doesn't really hurt to do it either. It's more of a time-waster. Read how I did it…
How I did it: I pretty much go to bed early every night and set my alarm early. Sometimes I get up before my alarm. It helps if you don't eat right before you go to bed... you can go to sleep earlier. Read how I did it…
11. You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do?
I have no idea.
12. If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be?
Love who you are.
13. Would you break the law to save a loved one?
Depends on how serious, but probably.
14. Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity?
Maybe, but I don’t remember anything specifically right now.
15. What’s something you know you do differently than most people?
I don’t keep in touch with my friends. It doesn’t matter how close they were to me, I just don’t talk to them if I don’t see them every day.
16. How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy?
Because everyone is different.
17. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What’s holding you back?
Love myself. I keep having thoughts of the past which make me feel horrible.
18. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?
19. If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why?
Well, that will happen this year. It’s to another state for college (and I absolutely hate the state I’m in now), but I would like to move to Europe someday. You know, just because.
20. Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster?
I don’t encounter elevators often, but when I do I press only one time, I think.
21. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton?
I think a worried genius wouldn’t be able to use his awesome genius powers if he was too busy worrying. I’d rather be a joyful simpleton.
22. Why are you, you?
I was molded by my family and school. I’ve learned what I don’t like and do like, and rebel against what I believe is wrong.
You could also say I was molded by the internet. I was introduced to it at the age of 6 and haven’t stopped using it. I’ve learned a lot about people outside of my community… I’ve never moved, I’ve never traveled.
Aaaand maybe video games helped a little bit.
23. Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend?
Nope. I’m a sucky friend.
24. Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you?
I’ve had both happen. When my best friend moved away in elementary school, we wrote letters to each other. One time, she didn’t send a letter back and I was extremely upset. Ever since then, I haven’t really been keeping good contact with anyone.
I lost touch with a friend who lived close by in high school. She reacted how I did when my other friend moved away: angry.
Sooo maybe the impact of the friend who moved away was worse.
25. What are you most grateful for?
26. Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones?
I would rather lose all my old memories. They’re the worst. :/
27. Is is possible to know the truth without challenging it first?
28. Has your greatest fear ever come true?
29. Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it really matter now?
Jeez, how old was I… 14? At this point I was probably upset about assigned reading or something… man that junk sucked. BUT GUESS WHAT. I NEVER DID ANY AND STILL GOT A’S IN ENGLISH.
30. What is your happiest childhood memory? What makes it so special?
Oooh, that’s tough. Probably playing video games with my brother.
31. At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive?
Last year at some point, I said, “You know what? I’m awesome!” I don’t think I’m so awesome anymore.
32. If not now, then when?
Later this year.
33. If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose?
Years. Money. I dunno.
34. Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever?
35. Why do religions that support love cause so many wars?
I have no idea. I’m almost tempted to post this question on Facebook, but I have a feeling my religious friends would hate me.
36. Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil?
Again, depends. (I’m doing horribly at this, aren’t I?)
37. If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job?
I don’t have a job right now. Buuuut I would pay for college so I could get a job.
38. Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing?
More work I enjoy doing. Right now I have no work to do and I’m miserable.
39. Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before?
Not a hundred times, but I feel like I’m reliving a year ago and middle school right now.
40. When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in?
A few months ago, when I left college.
41. If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today?
Probably not my mother.
Certainly my brother and my best friend.
42. Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous?
I’m tempted to say that I would love to be extremely attractive, but I know I probably wouldn’t be happy either way.
43. What is the difference between being alive and truly living?
Being alive is what everyone on this earth is. Truly living is being happy and accomplishing things.
44. When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right?
When love is on the line.
45. If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake?
We’re naturally afraid of failure and judgment.
46. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?
Shoot, I’d love myself.
47. When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing?
Probably a few months ago, in yoga.
48. What do you love? Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love?
I love playing video games and listening to music. It’s kinda hermit-like, so it’s difficult to openly express this.
49. In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday? What about the day before that? Or the day before that?
Nope. I might remember how ridiculous my thoughts were.
50. Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you?
I feel like I’m making decisions for myself right now.
1. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?
Twelve. Right now I feel similar to how I felt in middle school: out of place and moody.
2. Which is worse, failing or never trying?
Never trying. However, it really depends on the situation.
3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?
Because it’s necessary…? To be honest, I don’t quite understand “like so many things we don’t do.”
4. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?
5. What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world?
Elimination of war and encouragement of space exploration and research on diseases. Right now, this is the only planet we have. If we resolve our issues, agree to disagree, then we can spend more time on finding more places to live and discovering cures.
6. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?
Man, I’d love to be paid for being with my boyfriend. Wait, that doesn’t sound right! xD I think I have to go back to my list of 100 things that make me happy… This is a difficult question… it’s between playing video games and making other people happy.
7. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?
I think I’m doing a little bit of both right now. I sacrificed school to be with my boyfriend, because I believe love is the most important thing. However, I’m dying because I need education. I’m settling for job hunting until I go back to college in the fall.
8. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?
DON’T WASTE SO MUCH TIME BEING JEALOUS AND STUPID.
9. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?
I think I’ve controlled it pretty well, in terms of education. I was unhappy, so I left college temporarily.
10. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?
Probably doing the right things.