Thanks to the kind Ruby community of Japan, I finally fulfilled this goal. I went there this Summer with Mary and we had a great time. Not only Tokyo, but also Kyoto. Wonderful place.
David Heinemeier Hansson's Life List
1. Start sabre fencing again
2. Read one book every two weeks
3. Grow Basecamp to 10x its current size
4. Practice religious test-first development for a month
5. Attend the AYE Conference 2006
6. learn smalltalk
7. start doing sketch first development
8. Become a better story teller
9. Buy a Ferrari
The Ferrari F430 is one of the most beautiful cars in the world. I desire it. The lead time between stating the goal and fulfilling it is unlikely to be as short as last time, though ;). At ~$200k its distinctively out of range for probably a good long while.
I’ll be in Tokyo from June 8th until June 21th first for a Ruby/Rails conference, then for vacation with Mary. Finally.