28. A Prayer For Owen Meany, John Irving
32. One Hundred Years Of Solitude, Gabriel García Márquez
33. The Pillars Of The Earth, Ken Follett
37. A Town Like Alice, Nevil Shute
Just the shell seekers and winnie the pooh left from the first 50. Almost there!
21. Gone with the wind
34. David Copperfield
48. Far from the madding crowd
63. A tale of two cities
87. Brave new world
19. Captain Corelli’s Mandolin, Louis de Bernieres
20. War and Peace, Leo Tolstoy
26. Tess Of The D’Urbervilles, Thomas Hardy
29. The Grapes Of Wrath, John Steinbeck
41. Anne Of Green Gables, LM Montgomery
50% done, been slow (partially because of war and peace) but I’m hoping to become more active now.
Started reading the book that is used for the cert I want. Can’t do a cert at the moment but oh well, doing my best to prepare!
11. Catch-22, Joseph Heller
13. Birdsong, Sebastian Faulks
14. Rebecca, Daphne du Maurier
27. Middlemarch, George Eliot
45. Brideshead Revisited, Evelyn Waugh
Such a long break due to moving and other business, trying to get back on track!
So this month took some time, with moving and choosing long books as my main hardships in getting the goal done. I’ve finished Catch-22 and Middlemarch.
Finished Little Women and Birdsong!
15. The Catcher in the Rye, JD Salinger
16. The Wind in the Willows, Kenneth Grahame
17. Great Expectations, Charles Dickens
18. Little Women, Louisa May Alcott
60. Crime And Punishment, Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Almost reading in list order this time haha :)
Books are getting longer so it’s taking a bit more time these days. Even so 40% done!
Having a lot of items crowding my life that my ex boyfriend bought for me, and a lot of other clothes and stuff I don’t use, I did have a lot to sell and/or get rid off. I’ve been working hard, selling at several flea markets and pushing my things on people. My goal was to leave only 2 moving boxes of things that I could sell and that I would on my return in April sell those things. In the beginning of September I had 4 moving boxes of sellable items. I started out with 6. Now in the beginning of October I reached my goal! 2 moving boxes!
However I don’t feel fully satisfied especially due to some new information.
My dad told me they were packing my room up to make an office out of it. This means I have to pack up greater parts of my room in boxes and add them to the stock pile of boxes I already have. I can’t leave an infinite amount of boxes, they have to be stored somewhere.
I currently have 4 filled boxes, two with books and fabric (not the same as before, I’ve cleaned out the book and little things box and replaced it) and 2 with sellable items.
My new goal is to empty another box of sellable things. I have 1.5 months now and I’m hoping I’ll make it in time. As for the other boxes.. I do have 6 moving boxes in total, 2 yet to fill and I intend to leave it at that. I’m going to fill the ones I have and not leave things left over.. well except for my plastic boxes with fabric and the clothes left over in my closet.
Long rant but that’s the plan for now. I’ve done a lot in the past month and I still have ways to go!
Read Crime and Punishment and Great Expectations. Took a bit longer this month because wow those books are long!
Decided to do 5 instead to keep things nice and even.
6. To Kill a Mockingbird, Harper Lee
10. Jane Eyre, Charlotte Brontë
12. Wuthering Heights, Emily Brontë
47. A Christmas Carol, Charles Dickens
70. Lord Of The Flies, William Golding
35% Done! Updating after 5 more. I’ve already started reading catcher in the rye and crime and punishment, we’ll see what the other 3 are.
I’ve been working slowly through the list from top to bottom except for the ones I had already seen. Currently I’m watching 13, the 7 samurai but I have to take it in parts, cause I haven’t got that much time and it’s a looong movie D: I’ve watched about half (26) of the first 50 movies, but I’m going to leave all the scary ones to last, if I even watch them, I have a problem with scary movies :/
30. Alice’s Adventures In Wonderland, Lewis Carroll
43. The Great Gatsby, F Scott Fitzgerald
54. Anna Karenina, Leo Tolstoy
30% Getting somewhere! Posting next update after I’ve read 4 more.
So I have these moving boxes out in the upstairs living room awaiting to be sold, or more like the innards are awaiting to be sold. I clear out my closet constantly, knowing I can only bring so much with me to Canada.
In the beginning of September I had 6 boxes.
1 of fabric
1 of books and little things meant to keep (have to go through it again)
1 with shoes for sale
3 with clothes and japanese related goods such as manga and other small stuff.
I’m happy to say I have since then cleared one of the clothes boxes through selling. I wish to leave only 3 boxes and I have 2.5 months to go. I really need to get busy. Time to hit ebay!
Read Anna Karenina and Alice in wonderland, will also have the Great Gatsby finished shortly :) Goal coming along smoothly.
40. Emma, Jane Austen
81. The Twits, Roald Dahl
Posting next entry after 3 more books are finished so that I don’t end up with 100 entries :D
Next three up are:
7. Winnie the Pooh, AA Milne (I might already have read this)
15. The Catcher in the Rye, JD Salinger
54. Anna Karenina, Leo Tolstoy (half way through)
Read Pride and Prejudice and the BFG. Might actually be able to fit another book in this month but we’ll see.
Planning to mark this goal as done if I am able to keep this up every month until the end of the year.
That was fast, but it’s quite a short book! I do so enjoy Roald Dahls books <3
Probably picking Emma by Jane Austen for my next reading adventure.
Just one more inch. I set 24” as my final goal and I don’t want to get any smaller than this! Working to reach the goal in November at the latest.
1. The Lord of the Rings, JRR Tolkien [x]
2. Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen [x]
3. His Dark Materials, Philip Pullman [x]
4. The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, Douglas Adams [x]
5. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, JK Rowling [x]
8. Nineteen Eighty-Four, George Orwell [x]
9. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, CS Lewis [x]
22. Harry Potter And The Philosopher’s Stone, JK Rowling [x]
23. Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets, JK Rowling [x]
24. Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban, JK Rowling [x]
25. The Hobbit, JRR Tolkien [x]
31. The Story Of Tracy Beaker, Jacqueline Wilson [x]
35. Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Roald Dahl [x]
38. Persuasion, Jane Austen [x]
44. The Count Of Monte Cristo, Alexandre Dumas [x]
46. Animal Farm, George Orwell [x]
49. Goodnight Mister Tom, Michelle Magorian [x]
51. The Secret Garden, Frances Hodgson Burnett [x]
52. Of Mice And Men, John Steinbeck [x]
58. Black Beauty, Anna Sewell [x]
62. Memoirs Of A Geisha, Arthur Golden [x]
75. Bridget Jones’s Diary, Helen Fielding [x]
83. Holes, Louis Sachar [x]
99. The Princess Diaries, Meg Cabot [x]
Next is the BFG :3 Works well with my 2 books/month goal!