Well, this looks fun, LibraryThing is having a “75 Books Challenge for 2010.” More ambitious than my resolution of reading 50 books for 2010, but worth trying!
Jennymac43's Life List
1. Lose weight and keep it off.
2. Avoid envy
3. Read one really good book every week or so.
4. do voice-over work
5. Keep a journal
6. Research my genealogy.
7. Learn Latin.
8. Visit the Punchbowl Crater in Hawaii.
9. Get out of debt and stay out.
10. Write a book.
11. Learn German.
This is the Deadly Sin to fight this year! When feeling envy toward another person, ask yourself:
1. What exactly am I feeling envious about?
2. Do I admire this person? Would I want to be like them?
3. Does this person really have something that I don’t? If so, what?
4. Is there something I can do to improve my own situation?
After being as objective as possible about the feelings, move on. Life is much too short to be constantly upset.
I think accomplishing any of my other goals really depends on my keeping a journal regularly. Journals are a great place to vent, if nothing else, and being able to confide, say, my frustrations at work will hopefully help me become more professional. Plus it’s much less expensive than a therapist.